[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pitchfork's top 20 albums of the 00s

loaf

In that top 20, the avalanches was the only band I hadn't heard of. googled and found only 2 vids. This was the best. pretty groovy.

found plenty more of their vids. pretty cool.

Edited by loaf

not gonna look through all 200 but if you didn't see it, I take yer word for it.

I do think that the avalanches tune I linked to would be something you'd dig though.

Actually, I intend to check out a lot of that stuff.

That said, checked out the Avalanche deal and was reminded that the line between modern music and elevator music is blurring. I went through a bit of a phase (driven largely by looking into hip ambient stuff for the restaurants) where I was digging stuff like that but it sort of wore off. Today a waiter who often brings in cool mixes was playing some group doing Sgt Peppers and Dark Side that reminded me of the Bossa Marley and Bossa Stones deal and I just wasn't feeling it.

I've had a bit of a reversal in taste and now crave a simpler, more honest sound.

Edited by detlef

I like this track better from them. Swedish brother and sister...

Silent Shout

they did the Jose Gonzalez Heartbeats tune first

I like Heartbeats first, then we share our mother's health

Edited by loaf

Actually, I intend to check out a lot of that stuff.

That said, checked out the Avalanche deal and was reminded that the line between modern music and elevator music is blurring. I went through a bit of a phase (driven largely by looking into hip ambient stuff for the restaurants) where I was digging stuff like that but it sort of wore off. Today a waiter who often brings in cool mixes was playing some group doing Sgt Peppers and Dark Side that reminded me of the Bossa Marley and Bossa Stones deal and I just wasn't feeling it.

I've had a bit of a reversal in taste and now crave a simpler, more honest sound.

you never cease to amaze me in the complexity of your simplicity