[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carson Palmer

Bengal Mania

I'm not sure what it is, but this guy has been as good at the end of the 4th Qtr, as he has been BAD the rest of the game.

In 4 games this year, Palmer has had one decent TOTAL game, agains Green Bay (3 TD passes, 1 TD rush)....but even in that game he threw two costly picks (one a pick 6), or that game wasn't even close.

In the other three games, he has been hovering around average (at best) for 3.5 Qtrs.....but he has been LIGHTS OUT at the end.

Against Denver, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland, Palmer has thrown game-winning TD's with less than 2-minutes on the clock. (A fluke play cost one-win, a botched PAT snap cost another in regulation) He has converted at least three 4th and long plays in those final drives.....In these drives, Palmer reminds me of Manning for his whole career, and Roadkillburger has certainly been like this in the last couple years.

In yesterday's game, he did this twice. At the end of regulation to tie (should have won but for our suddenly-terrible long snapper) AND at the end of OT. Palmer talked Lewis into going for it on 4th and 11 with 1:00 left in OT, then RAN for 15 yards and a first down. Then he moved them into field goal range.

The Bengals late game heroics are not going to work all year, but I won't kid you, it is fun to watch them win some games even when they shouldn't. (they never, Ever, EVer, EVEr, EVER used to do this) If Palmer gets on track for whole games, I think the Bengals can have a very good season. If he can't get on track until the end of games, the law of averages is gonna catch up.

Dear Marvin: At least for home games, please have the endzone scoreboards broken so they always say "4th Qtr".