[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miles Austin or Austin Collie?

soulrebel

Hey guys. So due to a series of coaching errors (I got Mason'd) and an unfortunate schedule, I'm 0-4-1 in my local money league. My all-play record is over .500, but it's just been one of those seasons.

Anyway, I have first pick on the waiver wire this week, and I'm just looking to add the best player available. I'm thinking of grabbing Miles Austin or Austin Collie ... my team is in my sig, and at this point, I just want to add talent to my roster for potential trade value later.

Who do you think has the most upside? I feel like Austin could be a one-week wonder, but someone has to step up in Dallas, and it doesn't look like it's gonna be Williams. And even though Collie is a rookie, he's playing in Indianapolis, where receivers like him can churn out good numbers every week.

Any input is much appreciated. I'll answer yours.

Cheers! :wacko:

PS - I'll be dropping Scobee. He was just a bye week fill-in.

Edited by soulrebel

completely disagree, Miles Austin broke a cowboys record, Roy williams and romo do not have poopy for chemistry, and even with Roy E at number 1, Austin has claimed the number two and forced Crayton back into the slot. Expect Austin to continue production. Whereas Collie is fourth in receptions, behind Addai, Wayne, and Clark. He could still be useful in ppr leagues, whereas if your league rewards you for long touchdowns then i would look to get Garcon instead, as he is more of the deep threat.

http://imaginarygridiron.blogspot.com please check out my new football blog

While I'm a homer, I dont "think" it gets in the way here.

I would take Collie for he these past few weeks has actually been Mannings #1 target. He's scored what - 3 TD's in the last 2 weeks. While Garcon is there and initially looked like the Colts WR to snag off waivers, I like Collie better. Wayne will be getting double covered most of the time, and I really think that Garcon goes back to the bench with Gonzo comes back.

Austin had a hell of a week last week - but you have to take into consideration who he plays for and who's throwing to him. Romo had ONE nice year, and then everyone started looking at him as a solid #1 franchise QB. He's not there yet - if he ever will be.

It all depends on what you're looking for. High Risk/High reward - some weeks he'll get you 30 points and some he'll get you 3 - then go with Austin. If you're looking for 10-15 pts on a consistent basis then go with Collie.

Edited by Shorttynaz

I was in the same boat and got collie as soon as waivers opened. For a few reasons, did you see the interview after the colts game sunday night? Manning loves this kid. He's caught 3 td's the last 2 games. As well as this the most key part. Collie plays in the slot, which is not where gonzo will be when he comes back. Garcon is more of a FL or SE receiver, and doesn't play the slot. IF anyone takes a dip in stats, it'll be garcon. Please answer mine

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=302806