[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Deal - You Like or Not So Much?

SpinalTapp

my key players

QB - Brady

RBs - Turner, Forte, Moreno, Maroney

WRs - R.Moss, Wayne, Sims-Walker, Manningham, Nicks, Royal

I start 2RBs, 2WRs, and 1Flex RB/WR - so Maroney, Manningham, Nicks, and Royal really just sit on my bench as depth

I am trying to acquire MJD

the other owner is asking for Turner + Wayne for MJD. I think the price is too high. Please evaluate the following three deals in terms of my team's perspective - are they good deals for my team??

1. I give Turner and Wayne to get MJD

2. I give Turner, Maroney, and Nicks to get MJD

3. I give Forte and Wayne to get MJD

If it makes a difference in your thinking, Forte, Maroney, and Nicks are keeper players. The others are not.

option 2.

the others don't make sense.

I personally would not trade for any of the options.

The MJD owner is pushing hard for Option 1. Feels like a steep price to pay for my team. Does anyone think Option 1 is worth the price for MJD?

I am counter offering with Option 2. How do others feel about Option 2? Good deal for both sides?

Thanks

Edited by SpinalTapp

Yeah, Option #2 is good.

If he's pushing for option #1, make sure he gives you a good receiver out of it, go for a 2 for 2 trade.

Turner to MJD is an upgrade, but it's not like you're trading Addai for MJD, Turner is still a stud.

A fair trade would be something like Turner/Wayne for MJD/Welker (or Ochocinco or Driver or VJax).

Yeah, Option #2 is good.

If he's pushing for option #1, make sure he gives you a good receiver out of it, go for a 2 for 2 trade.

Turner to MJD is an upgrade, but it's not like you're trading Addai for MJD, Turner is still a stud.

A fair trade would be something like Turner/Wayne for MJD/Welker (or Ochocinco or Driver or VJax).

What about Turner/Wayne/Manningham for MJD/DJax or MJD/Housh?

Edited by SpinalTapp

I would take DJax over Housh any day.

Turner/Wayne for MJD/DJax is pretty fair.

Him getting Manningham is a bonus for his end of the deal, but it's not too big of a loss for you, since you have a lot of depth at the WR position. I would consider doing that if I really really wanted MJD.

I like option 2 the best. if he'll take as is great, maybe offer him manningham instead of nicks? I wouldn't do option 1 you are giving up too much.

What about Turner/Wayne/Manningham for MJD/DJax or MJD/Housh?

I assume you meaan VJax? That is better than the original option 1, however you are still better off going with option 2. If you really want MJD and he won't budge go with this option 1 v2. And Jackson over TJH. Seattle is going to be a rollercoaster (the reason I'm getting rid of Hass).

Hope this helps and thanks for hitting mine earlier. I'll be posting another thread on some piss poor WR options I need to pick one up.

Thanks for posting in mine.

I would certainly go with Option 2 if he'll take it, since Turner is the only player in that group that I really feel like has any trade value. If you're lucky, he'll take it. I just traded Bradshaw and LJ for DeAngelo last week, so things like that happen. It's all about perceived value and telling them things that make them really want your players. Never lie, but never give them a reason NOT to want your players.

Option 3 is certainly acceptable. I really don't believe Forte will turn things around. I also don't believe Cutler is as good as people say, so if you do then ignore me. But I'd do #3 if I couldn't lock up #2.

I like option 2 the best. if he'll take as is great, maybe offer him manningham instead of nicks? I wouldn't do option 1 you are giving up too much.

I assume you meaan VJax? That is better than the original option 1, however you are still better off going with option 2. If you really want MJD and he won't budge go with this option 1 v2. And Jackson over TJH. Seattle is going to be a rollercoaster (the reason I'm getting rid of Hass).

Hope this helps and thanks for hitting mine earlier. I'll be posting another thread on some piss poor WR options I need to pick one up.

I wish I meant VJax...his two best WRs are DeSean Jackson and Housh. His RBs are MJD, Mendenhall, PThomas, and MBell.

Ok now it makes sense why he's got a hard on for Wayne. I still like Desean better than Housh.

Wild Card Trade Option just forming

I give Moreno, Manningham, + Royal

I get R.Brown

His WRs are H.Ward, D.Mason, D.Hester and he has F.Gore, Brown, and Caddy as RBs.

He drops down at RB from Brown to Moreno but upgrades to Manningham who is a top 10 WR in our scoring system right now. I throw in Royal as a sweetener prospect.

This way, I upgrade at RB without giving up Turner or Wayne.

Thoughts on this trade option vs my other options? Would you even consider this deal if you were the other owner?

I get R.Brown

His WRs are H.Ward, D.Mason, D.Hester and he has F.Gore, Brown, and Caddy as RBs.

He drops down at RB from Brown to Moreno but upgrades to Manningham who is a top 10 WR in our scoring system right now. I throw in Royal as a sweetener prospect.

Thoughts on this trade option vs my other options? Would you even consider this deal if you were the other owner?

Still go for option 2 and sweeten it with Royal if you have to. Otherwise if #2 is out then take this Brown deal as you still get to upgrade at RB

Option 2 is off the table.

I want to counter with

I give Forte/Wayne/Manningham

I get MJD/DJax

my RBs before this trade are: Turner, Forte, Moreno, Maroney

my WRs before this trade are: RMoss, R.Wayne, Sims Walker, Manningham, Nicks, Royal

Thoughts?

Option 2 is off the table.

I want to counter with

I give Forte/Wayne/Manningham

I get MJD/DJax

my RBs before this trade are: Turner, Forte, Moreno, Maroney

my WRs before this trade are: RMoss, R.Wayne, Sims Walker, Manningham, Nicks, Royal

Thoughts?

Do it. You strengthen your RBs without giving up Turner. You can start Sims Walker alonside Moss and with the way he's playing it won't be that much of a dropoff from Wayne. Your flex now becomes Moreno (or this week Maroney) or Nicks who I like better than Manningham anyway

The MJD owner is holding a hard line. He wants Turner and Wayne for MJD straight up or the deal is off. I told him the deal was off. I just could not see giving up that much for MJD. I would rather keep Turner/Wayne and upgrade Moreno or Forte by trading one of them plus two of my other WRs (Sims Walker, Nicks, Manningham) for an RB just below MJD.

Let me know if you believe I need to rethink my position.

The MJD owner is holding a hard line. He wants Turner and Wayne for MJD straight up or the deal is off. I told him the deal was off. I just could not see giving up that much for MJD. I would rather keep Turner/Wayne and upgrade Moreno or Forte by trading one of them plus two of my other WRs (Sims Walker, Nicks, Manningham) for an RB just below MJD.

Let me know if you believe I need to rethink my position.

No I think you made the right call

The MJD owner is holding a hard line. He wants Turner and Wayne for MJD straight up or the deal is off. I told him the deal was off. I just could not see giving up that much for MJD.

IMO, the above thinking is correct ... adding MJD is a nice idea, but not at the price being discussed ... Turner / Wayne is not all THAT bad a player combo to have in your lineup every week.

I get R.Brown

I like this option best...