[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still trying to land Purple Jesus

SpinalTapp

I give MTurner, Sims-Walker, and Manningham

He gives AP and DSproles

his best Wrs are Berrian and Roy Williams

my skill players

qb. Brady

rb1 turner

rb2 forte

flex moreno or sims-walker

wr1 Wayne

wr2 RMoss

bench maroney, nicks, manningham, royal

is this a fair deal for AP? More importantly, is it a great move for my team?

There is no way.Turner is not good at all right now.The two WR you are offering are good but not Peterson good.If you pull Manningham out and put in Wayne or Moss then I would consider it very seriously.Peterson is the only RB in the league that is worth top flite talent at two positions.

If I was the other team and looked at your WR's I would guess you thought I was born yesterday.I am not trying to be insulting but your deal is a joke.Heck Sproles will more than likely be the #1 RB in San Diego soon.The more I look at this deal the more it looks like you are trying to get something for peanuts and not offering anything remotely close to a fair deal.

I am looking for help to shape this into a good deal.

His other RBs are Ricky W and FWP. His other Wrs are not worth mentioning (Mark Clayton and below)

Now that I've outlined the chess pieces....what is a fair deal that strengthens my team and helps him too???

Man, you dissapointed me...

The AP trade threads are my favorite, because I love to see how much of people's teams they're willing to trade away to land him...

But you're probably gonna have to do better than that. You need more cowbell!! There's a small chance he might go for the WR depth you're offering, but he's probably going to want a stud WR to even think about letting him go...And that's not to mention his RB situation, which will also mean he'll probably want either Forte or Turner as well, to fill that big void he'd have at RB then too.

So really the only offer would probably be one involving you giving at least Forte and either Moss or Wayne

But after looking at your team, you will probably only hurt your unit as a collective whole. As it stands right now, you do have a couple underperforming RBs (but stud ones nonetheless), stud WRs, and stud QB, plus depth if you need it.

On the other hand, it seems the other guy must have gotten nothing of value besides ADP in the draft... but filling his holes will likely only create them for you. Unless you can lowball him if he's losing and desperate, it's just going to cost too much to get what you want.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Man, you dissapointed me...

The AP trade threads are my favorite, because I love to see how much of people's teams they're willing to trade away to land him...

But you're probably gonna have to do better than that. You need more cowbell!! There's a small chance he might go for the WR depth you're offering, but he's probably going to want a stud WR to even think about letting him go...And that's not to mention his RB situation, which will also mean he'll probably want either Forte or Turner as well, to fill that big void he'd have at RB then too.

So really the only offer would probably be one involving you giving at least Forte and either Moss or Wayne

But after looking at your team, you will probably only hurt your unit as a collective whole. As it stands right now, you do have a couple underperforming RBs (but stud ones nonetheless), stud WRs, and stud QB, plus depth if you need it.

On the other hand, it seems the other guy must have gotten nothing of value besides ADP in the draft... but filling his holes will likely only create them for you. Unless you can lowball him if he's losing and desperate, it's just going to cost too much to get what you want.

Delusions -

You nailed my situation perfectly - outstanding post and advice/insight. Yes, I am trying to upgrade my RBs and I want to do so without damaging (1) my Moss/Wayne tandem or (2) leaving myself exposed with holes. This owner may be desparate enough to take my deal. But, as you have outlined, I just dont think going all the way to get AP will serve my team well.

I am currently in discussions on another trade that could help upgrade my RB2 slot. The Chris Johnson owner called to discuss dealing me CJohnson, Reggie Bush, and M.Austin for Moreno, Forte, and Manningham. All players listed are keepers except for Moreno.

I like this deal as I will still have Maroney and Bush as RB depth and I will be able to deal some of my WR depth for an backup RB upgrade in the coming days. My only concern is the 20 men that will be in the box once VYoung takes over in Tenn.

Your thoughts?

I reckon if I had AP and you made me that offer I wouldn't take it. Here's why:

Sims-Walker will have some togh sledding achedule wise in two weeks...he's the clear #1 but by no means a stud.

Manningham's schedule turns to crap from here on out and he certainly isn't a #1 by any means and with 4 viable targets for the Giants, he's certainly not an every week starter.

Turner, most value and attractive of the three.

Also being the way I am If I saw how loaded your team was there is no way I'd give the top dog to you...

As far as the second offer...If it was offered to you I don't think I could click accept fast enough. Johnson still has some good games left against crappy teams...and you're possibly stealing Austin..

Edited by chubbyparrot

I reckon if I had AP and you made me that offer I wouldn't take it. Here's why:

Sims-Walker will have some togh sledding achedule wise in two weeks...he's the clear #1 but by no means a stud.

Manningham's schedule turns to crap from here on out and he certainly isn't a #1 by any means and with 4 viable targets for the Giants, he's certainly not an every week starter.

Turner, most value and attractive of the three.

Also being the way I am If I saw how loaded your team was there is no way I'd give the top dog to you...

As far as the second offer...If it was offered to you I don't think I could click accept fast enough. Johnson still has some good games left against crappy teams...and you're possibly stealing Austin..

Chubby -

I am not sure the AP owner is sharp enough to analyze each players future situation as you just did....that is also what contributed to his terrible draft and the current state of his roster. That said, I still think he will hesitate in accepting this deal as he probably would not get MSW's current value anyway.

Regarding deal 2, the Johnson owner and I have agreed on the trade terms (as I outlined....Johnson, Bush, Austin to me for Forte, Moreno, and Manningham). He just needs to hit the accept button and then I have 24 painful hours to count veto votes. I sense the entire league may try to kill this deal for the same reason you suggest you would kill my AP deal...here's hoping I am wrong.

Thanks for replying.

Tap