[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which is the Best Strategerie?

SpinalTapp

My team (skill players)

QB Brady

RB1 C.Johnson

RB2 M.Turner

WR1 RWayne

WR2 RMoss

FLEX M.Austin/LMaroney

Bench: R.Bush, M.Sims-Walker, HNicks, E.Royal

Deal 1 - high Profile Move

I give M.Turner + R.Moss

I get MJD + M.Wallace

I slide M.Austin in as my WR2 and the best matchup between Siims-Walker/Maroney/Nicks becomes my flex.

Deal 2 - Lower Profile move

I give Maroney, R.Bush, + M.Austin

I get R.Mendenhall + M.Wallace

I actually think I like Deal 2 better. In this deal, I keep Turner and Johnson at RB and Mendenhall becomes my Flex player. Every player in Deal 2 is a keeper player while only M.Wallace is a keeper in Deal 1.

With Deal 2, my skill team would become

Brady, CJ, Turner, Mendy, Wayne, Moss

I think that is better than Brady, MJD, CJ, Wayne, Austin, Maroney/Sims Walker.

Deal 3 is - Make No Moves at all

What is your opinion? Trade deadline is Friday.

Hello again Spinal Tapp,

I see you are still out to solidify your team (aren't we all), but you obviously have to be happy after the CJ pickup last week.

Like you, I like the second move better. You still keep all your starting studs, and don't have to worry about losing points from Moss's spot and the flex, (which MJD might have to counterbalance with the first trade).

With this move, you give yourself lots of options and fill-ins at any given position. And of course, since you play the flex spot, this would put you in even better shape. If anyone get's hurt, you'd still have a pretty solid fill-in wherever, and if everyone's healthy, you solidify your flex options and keep your starters.

Word on Parker is he's still not practicing, and it seems they have no plans to quit starting Mendenhall anytime soon. As for Maroney and Bush, I just don't like them that much with anyone healthy in front of them. Who knows if Morris can rebound in NE, but if he does, they don't seem to be that crazy about Maroney as a featured back.

Keeper or not, I think this move would definitely help strengthen your team...Not so much with the first. Good luck!

Hello again Spinal Tapp,

I see you are still out to solidify your team (aren't we all), but you obviously have to be happy after the CJ pickup last week.

Like you, I like the second move better. You still keep all your starting studs, and don't have to worry about losing points from Moss's spot and the flex, (which MJD might have to counterbalance with the first trade).

With this move, you give yourself lots of options and fill-ins at any given position. And of course, since you play the flex spot, this would put you in even better shape. If anyone get's hurt, you'd still have a pretty solid fill-in wherever, and if everyone's healthy, you solidify your flex options and keep your starters.

Word on Parker is he's still not practicing, and it seems they have no plans to quit starting Mendenhall anytime soon. As for Maroney and Bush, I just don't like them that much with anyone healthy in front of them. Who knows if Morris can rebound in NE, but if he does, they don't seem to be that crazy about Maroney as a featured back.

Keeper or not, I think this move would definitely help strengthen your team...Not so much with the first. Good luck!

Delusions -

Yes...at least for one week, I am very happy with the deal. If I can swing Deal 2 as outlined above, I will be thrilled with the RB upgrade I will have pulled off. However, my concern is that the other owner will not want Deal 2. He currently has PThomas, MBell, MJD, and Mendy as his RBs. At WR, he needs help. He has DeJackson and TJ Housh and that is it. Right now, he is starting both Thomas, MJD, and Mendy + Housh and DJax.

With my deal, he will upgrade from Housh to Miles Austin (a keeper - housh is not) and slide Maroney or M.Bell in at Flex. Question is...will he go for that?? I am not sure.

What do you/others think?

Thanks!

The owner in this deal thinks Maroney, Bush, and Austin for his Mendenhall is a bad deal for him. He thinks Mendenhall is worth much more than all those players. In our league, Austin has put up 93 fantasy points to Mendy's 69 pts thus far. I think the deal is more than fair....

How about others....do you all see this deal as a fair trade? Keep in mind, all players involved are keepers.

Thanks.

Lol.. Funny how no one seems to read any comments when they answer.

I think it's a decent trade, but with those backs, I can kinda see why he doesn't like it. Both could be decent options, but by no means scream "stud", the way that Mendenhall does now.

Perhaps you could drop Mike Wallace out of the deal, or add another WR in. You would then take a slightly bigger hit at backup WR, but you shore up two positions in RB and flex.

Otherwise, it's kind of irrelevant if we think it's fair, if he's not gonna go for it anyway....There's always the waiver wire though.

Lol.. Funny how no one seems to read any comments when they answer.

I think it's a decent trade, but with those backs, I can kinda see why he doesn't like it. Both could be decent options, but by no means scream "stud", the way that Mendenhall does now.

Perhaps you could drop Mike Wallace out of the deal, or add another WR in. You would then take a slightly bigger hit at backup WR, but you shore up two positions in RB and flex.

Otherwise, it's kind of irrelevant if we think it's fair, if he's not gonna go for it anyway....There's always the waiver wire though.

Delusions,

While some folks may not read my thread...they at least bump me back to the top - that alone is helpful. I think you are on to something regarding this deal. He is laughing the trade as is off right now. I wonder if I offered him Austin, Nicks, and Maroney for Mendenhall if he would take it. He is worried that all the players I am offering him are either 15 minute fame guys or will be replaced soon (Maroney).

I am not sure I can get him comfortable with his issue.

Tap

I personally like the 2nd deal also however I would not change anything with your team...you have to ask yourself, do you ever see yourself benching Turner or Johnson in favor of Mendy...and would you put Mendy in your flex in place of Austin? I am a die hard Steelers fan and right now, my concern with Mendy is that Parker is back, and Tomlin seems to like Parker. When Mendy fumbled the ball, be got pulled, and I fear that Tomlin is going to continue to give Parker the rock...just my opinion...your team looks solid the way it is.. you have 2 stud RB's..yes Turner started off slow, but look what he did against the Saint D which has been solid against the run all year, and CJ, well he is CJ...my advice is stay put with your team.... please answer my thread

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=306236