[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roethlisberger out for week 12

golfer324

If PPR scoring, I'd be tempted to stick with Ward, hoping that what he may lose in yardage due to the QB issue he can at least partly make up in PPR points on short catches. Who can predict where Brees will throw the ball week to week? Meachem's value has almost all been on short TD catches (I think he only have 1 game this year where he's caught more than two balls?) so if you think that trend will continue, then he's a decent play ... but I have to think he will get shut out of the EZ at some stage, and that Ward will get his fair share of targets this weekend, no matter who is throwing the ball for PIT.

E2A, last week was 2 short TD catches, his earlier scores were on deeper plays, but he's still not getting tons of targets, not shocking the way Brees spreads the looks around.

Edited by ts

If PPR scoring, I'd be tempted to stick with Ward, hoping that what he may lose in yardage due to the QB issue he can at least partly make up in PPR points on short catches. Who can predict where Brees will throw the ball week to week? Meachem's value has almost all been on short TD catches (I think he only have 1 game this year where he's caught more than two balls?) so if you think that trend will continue, then he's a decent play ... but I have to think he will get shut out of the EZ at some stage, and that Ward will get his fair share of targets this weekend, no matter who is throwing the ball for PIT.

Meachem has scored in three straight games. Having said that I don't think I would start him over Hines even with Big Ben out. I have both players and I'm not doing it. Ward is a pretty trusty WR to have for a noob QB. I'm not in a PPR league either, just gotta trust that Hines will get alot short passes this week with a rookie QB...IMO.