[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone worred about Reggie Wayne and Jay Cutler this weekend?

I know the adage: Always start your studs. But I want to see if anyone else is concerned about Reggie Wayne and Jay Cutler.

Wayne's last two games have been less than great. Defenses have focused on him and left Pierre Garcon open. Should I be worried about him this weekend against Champs Bailey?

Cutler has been a disaster as of late. He was once considered a stud QB and has played well in some games this season. Do I dare start him against the Green Bay defense? I think not.

Due to injury, I am completely dependent on my WR play to get me through. It's an uphill battle for me, and I can't afford another subpar performance from Wayne. Should I consider starting Garcon instead? This 12-team league is PPR, where TE's get the most pts (1.5) for each reception. We can start 1-3 RB's, 2-4 WRs and 1-3 TE's.

Here's who I'm thinking of starting right now. Yes, it's a mess at QB and RB. Ryan Fitzpatrick and Chad Henne are available on the waiver wire. Any suggestions for improving my lineup? Leave your link and I will answer yours.

Starters

1. Jason Campbell - Yes, it's either him or Jay Cutler and the way Green Bay's defense is playing right now, can I seriously play Cutler?
  2. Jerome Harrison - Rotating RB ever since Ronnie Brown went down for me. Pittsburgh is vulnerable to the pass and catching passes is Harrison's forte.
  3. Andre Johnson
  4. Reggie Wayne
  5. Mike Sims-Walker
  6. Robert Meachem - No way I can sit this guy the way he's been playing
  7. Bo Scaife - Another carousel since Owen Daniels went down
  8. Rob Bironas - John Carney was deactivated and I was cock blocked for Hartley
  9. New Orleans Saints DST

Bench

1. Jay Cutler
  2. Reggie Bush
  3. Jerious Norwood
  4. Jason Snelling
  5. Pierre Garcon - Wish I could start 5 WRs
  6. Dustin Keller - No way I can trust this guy

Edited by electricrelish

Oops. Wrong forum. Moderator, please move to Fantasy Football Advice.

I am in the same boat you are in. I have Wayne and can pick up either Garcon or Meachem on the WW. I can only start two WR and my other is Fitz so I am good there.

I am getting the feeling that I should bench Wayne. Just a felling though. Consider that he plays Revis next week as well, DANG that is a touch two weeks in a row for him!

I can see Cutler having his best week in the last 2 months against GB. Call me crazy. There is no way Forte does anything in this game. Sure, he's gonna get picked, but I think he could also throw 40+ times. I think this is a trap game for GB. I don't think the Bears will win, but I think they will surprise.

Champ can be beaten. He's still good, but not quite the shut down CB he used to be. in fact, I think Manning may even go after him. I like Wayne this week. So, going against the grain on Cutler and Wayne.

And, if Bailey does shut Wayne down? Hedge yer bet by starting Garcion over Sims-Walker. Yup. I just don't like Garrard or his HC. Miami does have two rookie CB's starting, but they have played pretty well. I think Miami doubles S-W and shuts him down. Take Sims Walker out, and where does Garrard throw the ball? Garrard is much better at home, and awful on the road. this is the week Garrard is awful at home too.

Some outside the box thinking here, but that's what I got.

Oh, I do have a WDIS of my own going.... the Rothlisberger vs Schaud thread.

wow, not a good situation and it's hard not to start your studs!

QB: Campbell against OAK, not a bad start. Better then Cutler against the GB.

High risk/reward is Fitz against KC and the long ball to TO.

RB: I agree with Harrison, just posted my reason.

WR: Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Mike Sims-Walker

Robert Meachem

One way of looking at it, Garcon has stepped up his game and answered his critics under pressure. DEN will still cover Wayne with Bailey, but I don't think they will be able to double cover him the entire game due to Garcons play.

Champ's no longer Champ :wacko:

He has great moments, but he's been badly beaten plenty of times this season. I can totally see him giving up two TDs while getting an INT or two.

I should qualify this as saying that I am not smart or knowledgeable. When I say that Champ has been beaten too much this year, it could be him or another player screwing up an assignment.

So I'm not sure if Champ's nearly done or if the new system is still being worked out by him and his mates. That said, one more week isn't going to fix the problems.

I agree. No solid data to back up my opinion, although it's out there somewhere, I think Wayne will be one on one with Champ, and that is a good thing for Wayne owners... no double team.

I still like the idea of benching S-W for Garcon and Wayne. Also, with Sorgi on IR, Manning plays the whole game. One less thing.

Cutler has been so erractic hard to say what he'll do but I'd say not good if Packers D looks anything like they did last week.

I also have Reggie Wayne and probably wouldn't consider sitting him. I heard him on a radio interview this week and he said he has never had Champ on him before he has always been on Marvin Harrison, so it might be interesting. I bet he is still Peyton's guy.

Honestly I say start Campbell over Cutler. Cutler can hurt your team worse than Campbell and I just don't have any faith in Cutler whatsoever this year. As for Wayne vs. Garcon, I would stick with Wayne. The matchup doesn't scare me that much honestly.

I like Meachem over Wayne .... Wayne will be getting double coverage ,,,, I don't think teams view Meachem the same way ,,, the way the Saints have been playing it is going to be EXCITING ,,,,

PLUS ,,, Atlanta is playing Redman and without Turner ,,,

New Orleans will have the ball a few more times for Meachem to do his thing!

Good LUCK!

Edited by COP31

I like Meachem over Wayne .... Wayne will be getting double coverage ,,,, I don't think teams view Meachem the same way ,,, the way the Saints have been playing it is going to be EXCITING ,,,,

PLUS ,,, Atlanta is playing Redman and without Turner ,,,

New Orleans will have the ball a few more times for Meachem to do his thing!

Good LUCK!

Strongly disagree. Bailey will get Wayne on an island. Indy has too many weapons to NOT let Bailey, the supposed shut down CB take on Wayne in single coverage. The safeties have to worry about Clark, Garcon and Collie too. That's why I think Wayne has a good week. Meachem has been hot, but that can go south in a hurry with all the targets Brees has.

Right now, I'm planning on starting the following WR's (can start 2-4 in PPR league). I agree that Wayne will get his shots and now's not the time to get cute and bench your studs.

Starters

1. Andre Johnson
  2. Reggie Wayne
  3. Robert Meachem

I can start one (1) more.

Remaining WRs on my bench:

1. Mike Sims-Walker
  2. Pierre Garcon
  3. Michael Crabtree

The last spot is the one that I'm on the fence about. For me it's between Mike Sims-Walker and Pierre Garcon. Tough choice. Believe it or not, right now footballguys.com has Michael Crabtree projected higher than Garcon, Meachem and Sims-Walker.

Edited by electricrelish