[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playoff Suicide?

SpinalTapp

I have to start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, and 1RB/WR

Here is what I have in my lineup right now

Brady

Chris Johnson

Ricky Williams

L.Maroney (FLEX)

R.Wayne

R.Moss

On my bench

QB - V.Young and on the wire is J.Campbell

RB - M.Turner and D.McFadden

WR - A.Bryant (very tempted to start him)

As much as I hate the thought of putting my playoff life in the hands of BB and the Pats, I cant see replacing Brady, Maroney, or Moss with Young, an injured M.Turner or A.Bryant - can you???? any significant weather implications? Last I checked...it was just going to be real, real cold with possibly some flurries.

Edited by SpinalTapp

I think your lineups a good one. BUT I also think if the weather gets bad, Wes Welker will be getting more of the passes short and safe. and if the Pats are up,(which is likley) they will run Maroney down the buffs throat. I might replace Moss with Bryant. I picked up Bryant off waivers and I'm staring him. To good a matchup to pass up with seahawks bottom of the barrel pass defense. Plus TB will probably be playing catchup and passing alot. Just a thought. Good luck

I think your lineups a good one. BUT I also think if the weather gets bad, Wes Welker will be getting more of the passes short and safe. and if the Pats are up,(which is likley) they will run Maroney down the buffs throat. I might replace Moss with Bryant. I picked up Bryant off waivers and I'm staring him. To good a matchup to pass up with seahawks bottom of the barrel pass defense. Plus TB will probably be playing catchup and passing alot. Just a thought. Good luck

Replace Moss with Bryant? Based on what? Didn't Bryant go for 22 yards last week?

OP: I have the same issue:

Brady, Peterson, Maroney, Moss, Marshall, Ocho

With Grant vs Pit and a sick S Rice as alternatives...

I'm rolling with the 3 Pats...

Is Maroney really guaranteed to get the lion's share of RB work? What about Kevin Faulk? Sammy Morris? Is Fred Taylor ready yet? I like Antonio Bryant's upside considering Seattle's secondary isn't that good and TB will probably be playing from behind and, thus, throwing the ball a bit. The weather shouldn't factor into the decision.

Is Maroney really guaranteed to get the lion's share of RB work? What about Kevin Faulk? Sammy Morris? Is Fred Taylor ready yet? I like Antonio Bryant's upside considering Seattle's secondary isn't that good and TB will probably be playing from behind and, thus, throwing the ball a bit. The weather shouldn't factor into the decision.

Are you recommending siting LMaroney and starting Bryant?

Thanks for the reply,

I do think you've got to stick with what you have. Tough to go with all Pats.....hopefully at least 2 of them perform. They are your best option

Good Luck!

Are you recommending siting LMaroney and starting Bryant?

I did a little more research on Maroney before responding to this post... And I think it kind of depends on what happens with Fred Taylor. But considering the likelihood that Taylor doesn't suit up, I haven't seen anything that suggests that Maroney is going to get a smaller chunk of the work... So as much as I like the potential that Bryant will have a solid week, I am ever so slightly leaning toward Maroney now who seems a safer play against a middle of the road run defense. I wouldn't consider the fact that you are starting two other Patriots an issue either... You have to start the players you think will score the most points.

I did a little more research on Maroney before responding to this post... And I think it kind of depends on what happens with Fred Taylor. But considering the likelihood that Taylor doesn't suit up, I haven't seen anything that suggests that Maroney is going to get a smaller chunk of the work... So as much as I like the potential that Bryant will have a solid week, I am ever so slightly leaning toward Maroney now who seems a safer play against a middle of the road run defense. I wouldn't consider the fact that you are starting two other Patriots an issue either... You have to start the players you think will score the most points.

"You have to start the players you think will score the most points"

That is why the Pats players are in my lineup right now...but - wow - that is lot of eggs in a single basket. I am also leaning towards Maroney over Bryant. Even if Maroney splits...he will still get 15 carries and I feel he can do as much or more with those carries as Bryant can over the course of an entire game.

Spinal, NO, I was suggesting you go with Maroney, but change Moss to Bryant.

heres why....and ROYALCHEESE your quote->Replace Moss with Bryant? Based on what? Didn't Bryant go for 22 yards last week?

yes last week Bryant had REVIS covering him #1 cornerback in the nfl, and scored 2 points, week 2 MOSS had revis covering him , and had 2 points

Last week Moss had a NEGATIVE 1 point against the Panthers Def who have allowed 2501 yards passing this year

Last week Bryant had 2 points against the JETS def who have only allowed 2085 yards passing this year. I think #1

This week Moss plays against the Bills ( easiest team to run on, hence using maroney is good) they have allowed 2456 yards passing this year

This week Bryant Plays Seattle they have allowed 3,287 yards passing this year ( maybe the worse passing def in the nfl)

add to this Brady passes alot to Wes Welker and the TE, and the weather is suppose to bad which could lead to shorter (safer) passes and more runs.

and Bryant is Tampa Bays #1 target. If you add all this up. It makes alot of since to play Bryant this week over Moss. Even Fabian agrees this week :wacko:

I'm banking on Brady finding a way to force feed Moss, since the win should not be in question. They don't want another week of Moss questions in NE. In the end, I think your only option to consider is Maroney vs. Bryant at flex. I think Maroney has the better matchup and is not traveling across the country like TBB. In addition, Seattle is a different team at home. NE should have several red zone opportunities, who knows with TB.

Your best bet is to keep it as you have it.

Good luck.

-Heroes