[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

this mi politician gets it

dmarc117

Robin seriously . . .. there is no way to learn the benefits of a union unless you are IN a union? Isnt that ass-backward?

Robin you DO know one of the reasons that Chicago hotels are expensive are the fact they are UNIONIZED??? :wacko: Then you add in parking and taxes because of UNION BENEFITS for the city right? Soo . . . the unions are reason for the higher prices in Chicago, right?

This is a circular argument . . . if I ask for benefits on being in a union from a union person, and they say "you cant understand unless you are in the union" it really doesnt help someone who is trying to see what role unions play in today's society.

RR, PLEASE tell me some of the other benefits, as I am an outsider and seriously would like to know.

I'm done w/ this thread. As I said, this discussion is fruitless. Enjoy the union bashing, as it seems to be a hobby for several of you and I see no purpose in deflecting the attention yall crave.

That is a pretty stupid comment. The purposes that unions served are now served by the federal government through OSHA, prevailing wage laws, and minimum wage. Heck if the liberals get their way benefits like health insurance will be provided by the government as well. What justification can possibly be given for the need for unions today? About all they do is collect dues to line the union boss' pockets and pad politicians purses at the expense of their rank and file members. Now if you want to abolish the minimum wage law, the prevailing wage law and do away with OSHA I'd say unions are needed, but that would require shrinking the size of government, which isn't likely to happen.

Wait a minute, are you promoting the ability of government to do something right?

Wait a minute, are you promoting the ability of government to do something right?

Not really, I just don't think we need unions and the government. 2 wrongs don't make a right, so I say we do away with one of them. You pick. :wacko: