[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I ever comment in...

rocknrobn26

...another union thread, will someone w/ mercy come to my house, smash all my computers, cut off all my fingers, cut off my nose and ears, and poke my eyes out. I'm sure there will be a long line of volunteers.

That is all.

...another union thread, will someone w/ mercy come to my house, smash all my computers, cut off all my fingers, cut off my nose and ears, and poke my eyes out. I'm sure there will be a long line of volunteers.

That is all.

no prob

That is all.

Since you brought up unions, what is your thought on them? Are they still viable or do you think they have outlived their usefulness? Please elaborate.

Since you brought up unions, what is your thought on them? Are they still viable or do you think they have outlived their usefulness? Please elaborate.

Still viable. Here's why:

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world’s largest retailer, has agreed to pay $40 million to as many as 87,500 current and former employees in Massachusetts, the largest wage-and-hour class-action settlement in the state’s history.

The class-action lawsuit, filed in 2001, accused the retailer of denying workers rest and meal breaks, refusing to pay overtime, and manipulating time cards to lower employees’ pay. Under terms of the agreement, which was filed in Middlesex Superior Court yesterday by the employees’ attorneys, any person who worked for Wal-Mart between August 1995 and the settlement date will receive a payment of between $400 and $2,500, depending on the number of years worked, with the average worker receiving a check for $734.

“The magnitude is large - it’s bigger than most settlements paid in wage-and-hour cases,’’ said Justin M. Swartz of New York-based law firm Outten & Golden LLP, who has handled similar cases, including a pending case against Wal-Mart. “But you would expect it to be bigger since Wal-Mart is the biggest retailer.’’

and

A seven-year fight by four Minnesota women ended Tuesday when Wal-Mart Stores Inc. agreed to pay as much as $54.25 million to settle a class-action lawsuit claiming that it forced Minnesota employees to work through their breaks without pay.

Wal-Mart could have faced up to $2 billion in punitive damages had the lawsuit continued into its penalty-setting phase in January.

The four Minnesota women, who worked at Wal-Mart, filed their suit in 2001. The class-action settlement covers about 100,000 current and former hourly workers who were employed at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores in Minnesota from Sept. 11, 1998, through Nov. 14, 2008. An undisclosed part of the settlement will go to the state of Minnesota.

An attorney for the four Minnesota women who filed the suit said the plaintiffs wouldn't comment Tuesday pending Dakota County District Court approval of the settlement. The four women are Nancy Braun, who worked at a Wal-Mart store in Apple Valley; Debbie Simonson and Cindy Severson, who worked in Brooklyn Park; and Pamela Reinert, who worked at stores in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Each has said she worked off the clock and was denied meal and rest breaks.

That is all.

RR I just got some nice Christmas bud. I'll come by with a bag of Doritos, some Oreo's and milk and we'll smoke out until neither one of us can spell the word union. It's a much better option than the finger-cutting-off/computer smashing thing you recommended. :wacko:

RR I just got some nice Christmas bud. I'll come by with a bag of Doritos, some Oreo's and milk and we'll smoke out until neither one of us can spell the word union. It's a much better option than the finger-cutting-off/computer smashing thing you recommended. :D

:wacko: Right on BRO!!!! I really like my fingers and my nose. :D

Still viable. Here's why:

and

TY Big Bear! :wacko:

I have to admit all the union talk just reminds me of Aqua. :D He, Skippy, and I were back to back to back on this issue years ago. It was fun, back then. Now it just dredges up memories. Good memories with a great guy, but none the less it makes me sad.

I'm sure Aqua is up there laughing and trying to get on the internet to post.

I hope you are at peace, My friend!