[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Decided to do this by the end of January

Pope Flick

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huff...a_b_406022.html

Pretty obvious idea. Had been thinking about it, but when presented in this manner it's kind of hard to argue against.

Progressive Libertarianism?

The idea is simple: If enough people who have money in one of the big four banks move it into smaller, more local, more traditional community banks, then collectively we, the people, will have taken a big step toward re-rigging the financial system so it becomes again the productive, stable engine for growth it's meant to be. It's neither Left nor Right -- it's populism at its best. Consider it a withdrawal tax on the big banks for the negative service they provide by consistently ignoring the public interest. It's time for Americans to move their money out of these reckless behemoths. And you don't have to worry, there is zero risk: deposit insurance is just as good at small banks -- and unlike the big banks they don't provide the toxic dividend of derivatives trading in a heads-they-win, tails-we-lose fashion.

I'm pretty much in a middle class tax bracket, and am sure any one of the local banks provided by the search engine in the article would LOVE my direct deposit cash flow. Most of my savings is tied into a 401k, so it won't be too tough to pull off...