[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Keeper Choice - Auction League

jwils32

I'm in an keeper league that drafts with auction rules. $100 cap on roster. If you keep a player from your team you add $5 to the value they were auctioned for this year.... You can keep up to 2 players. I am already keeping Ray Rice. My other keeper will be either Schaub or Dallas Clark. Both would cost me $6 next year.

Who would you keep?

Opie mentioneda few key questions, but:

1. # of teams

2. Lineup Requirements

3. Scoring System

4. Expected cost for said players in open market (what are other similar players potentially being kept for)

5. What other QBs and TEs do you expect to be kept, and at what cost?

6. How much is Ray Rice costing you?

7. Can you choose to only keep one player?

I think that is enough questions for now that would have an affect on my decision.

I don't do auction leagues, but I suspect that my response would be the same even if I wasn't ignorant...

What do you think those guys will cost when the auction happens? What did similar players cost in last year's auction?

If it's not PPR and not favorable scoring for TEs, then I'd suspect Schaub is the better value.

Yes, it's a PPR league.... QB's scoring is 4 pts for TD, -1 for INT's. Yardage is scored like every other league.

The most expensive QB was Brees last year, went for around $25 - Manning & Brady went for around $20.

The most expensive TE's were Gonzo & Witten - both were around $15.

Opie mentioneda few key questions, but:

1. # of teams

2. Lineup Requirements

3. Scoring System

4. Expected cost for said players in open market (what are other similar players potentially being kept for)

5. What other QBs and TEs do you expect to be kept, and at what cost?

6. How much is Ray Rice costing you?

7. Can you choose to only keep one player?

I think that is enough questions for now that would have an affect on my decision.

5. I expect only Rivers & Rodgers to be kept by other players... $12 cost to each. As for TE's, I think that possibly Gates ($10 cost for 2010) would be the only other TE kept by another player.

6. Rice will cost $8.

7. Can keep 2 players. Rice is a given. Schaub or Clark will be my other keeper.

Yes, it's a PPR league.... QB's scoring is 4 pts for TD, -1 for INT's. Yardage is scored like every other league.

The most expensive QB was Brees last year, went for around $25 - Manning & Brady went for around $20.

The most expensive TE's were Gonzo & Witten - both were around $15.

Based on that, i think Schaub is the easy choice. Also, keep in mind, the TE position has gotten a lot deeper recently.