[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Madden football: how hard is all-pro (vs pro)

BeeR

Dusted this off the other and played some, my default setting was pro. After I had Manning pass for over 800 yds and 8 TDs in an 84-6 win in the AFC title game, I decided maybe this setting was a bit too easy. :wacko: Initial tries on all pro is almost the opposite though, it's ridiculously hard. I'm no hard-core gamer and not into spending 10,000 hrs trying to learn all the subtle player moves - is that necessary to become competitive vs the PC? (I have 08 version if that matters)

Dusted this off the other and played some, my default setting was pro. After I had Manning pass for over 800 yds and 8 TDs in an 84-6 win in the AFC title game, I decided maybe this setting was a bit too easy. :wacko: Initial tries on all pro is almost the opposite though, it's ridiculously hard. I'm no hard-core gamer and not into spending 10,000 hrs trying to learn all the subtle player moves - is that necessary to become competitive vs the PC? (I have 08 version if that matters)

I played in the All Madden mode (I think that's what it was called). Anyhow it was the highest setting. I rarely would win but usually kept it close.

Madden 10 on all-pro is about as hard as prio Madden games on All-Madden.....

I still beat the computer pretty handily most of the time even though I play the game once a week or so....

the thing that gets me is when I play someone online who has the game on pretty much 24/7 and they hand me my arse on a platter..

Well I'm semi-competitive as long as I don't try to actually control the player, but letting the PC do it isn't a lot better, even when I have a clearly superior team the other one tends to play better overall. Pet peeve, it's a joke how the PC's kicker never misses a FG (including 50+ yd-ers) but it's hard as fn hell for me, w/that stupid little circular "power bar" that you have click JUST right or you're screwed. Also the off-season mode still more or less sucks. Makes me miss Front Office Football all the more.

I play on the hard level which I believe is called 'Custom' this season. Anywho, your rankings (rushing/passing for offense/defense), instead of being maxed out on all madden, actually reflect your skill. In other words, the better you play, the higher those stats go up and vice versa. The computer's stats are maxed. I only play the first 2 months after release then don't touch the game until the next season's release - but I ran through 2 seasons and made the playoffs both times (won SB 2nd season).

My question is what are your weaknesses? Is your passing game ineffective? can you not run the ball well? Is your defense a sieve? Playing on the hardest level will be very challenging initially but will force you to become great in all facets of the game if you want to succeed consistently. The other amazing thing about Madden is if you're playing well on the difficult level, you have to have perfect angles when running and you have to know when to burst or hold up - this is just like in real football. Greatest NFL game EVER!!

i've played on all-madden for a while and was successful until this year. seems that this setting on 2010 is more difficult. i like the challenge but at this point it almost seems over the top, but maybe that's because i'm frustrated so far. i'm winning about half of my games and some of them i can't even hang. i've made adjustments that are improving results but still not winning consistently.

i've played on all-madden for a while and was successful until this year. seems that this setting on 2010 is more difficult. i like the challenge but at this point it almost seems over the top, but maybe that's because i'm frustrated so far. i'm winning about half of my games and some of them i can't even hang. i've made adjustments that are improving results but still not winning consistently.

This Madden especially forces you to recognize the defense. If the strong safety is playing up on the line, you might be able to bomb it to your WR. It's pretty realistic to the NFL.