[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who to keep? Charles or Mendenhall

mriek

This is a 3 player keeper league, one has to be a WR. I recently traded Phil Rivers for Jamaal Charles and have a decision to make.

I am keeping CJ and Greg Jennings, and must decide between Jamaal Charles and Rashard Mendenhall. Please give reasons for your answer.

This is a 3 player keeper league, one has to be a WR. I recently traded Phil Rivers for Jamaal Charles and have a decision to make.

I am keeping CJ and Greg Jennings, and must decide between Jamaal Charles and Rashard Mendenhall. Please give reasons for your answer.

See what the Chiefs do during the draft. If they draft a RB then they don't trust Charles.

It goes without saying that Mendenhall is in a much better situation team-wise. He is the unquestioned starter and is more the typical build of an NFL RB. I see Charles as a flash in the pan kind of guy. I agree that whether the Chiefs take a RB or not, I'd still go Mendenhall...

The same was said with Chris Johnson no?

The same was said with Chris Johnson no?

And of Slaton as well, so 50/50 there.

Also, the bigger knock on Johnson was the question of how many TDs White would get in 2009 after he was so heavily involved in 2008.

So, will Charles be a first round pick next year? If nothing changes, I would say he will be considered a top 12 pick, but I would say he is a high risk pick just like Johnson and Slaton were considered ( at least by me) heading in to last season, and I had both in my list of potential top 6 players.

Mendenhall is safer, but Charles has the capability of putting up Chris Johnson type numbers. His #'s at the end of last season, when he was the lone feature back, were incredible.

In the last 4 weeks he had: 181, 170, 124, and 262 combined yards. In a PPR he is going to be gold. He also mixexd in 8 TD's in the last 8 weeks of the season for a team that struggled to score.

Mendenhall is safer, but scared money don't make money.

And of Slaton as well, so 50/50 there.

Also, the bigger knock on Johnson was the question of how many TDs White would get in 2009 after he was so heavily involved in 2008.

So, will Charles be a first round pick next year? If nothing changes, I would say he will be considered a top 12 pick, but I would say he is a high risk pick just like Johnson and Slaton were considered ( at least by me) heading in to last season, and I had both in my list of potential top 6 players.

I would take Charles over Mendenhall anyday of the week if nothing changes. Mendenhall looked very average to me and if you take away his 1 GREAT game, his #s arent that great. Charles get more opportunity to score fantasy points IMO.