[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting advice

shotgun72

I know it is very early to be talking about this, but I am already planning for next year. For a 8-10 team league with standard scoring and no ppr here is what my thinking is

Rd 1. RB

Rd 2. RB

Rd 3. QB

Rd.4. WR

Rd 5. TE

Rd 6. WR

The rest of the rounds would be for defense, kicker and extra players. What do you think?

Going in with a set plan like this is a recipe for failure.

You have to adjust for what pick you actually have, what your opponents take before you, what they are likely to take after you (ie before your next pick), the depth of positions available, lineup requirements, etc.

You have to adjust for what pick you actually have, what your opponents take before you, what they are likely to take after you (ie before your next pick), the depth of positions available, lineup requirements, etc.

This is good advice.

I know it is very early to be talking about this, but I am already planning for next year. For a 8-10 team league with standard scoring and no ppr here is what my thinking is

Rd 1. RB

Rd 2. RB

Rd 3. QB

Rd.4. WR

Rd 5. TE

Rd 6. WR

The rest of the rounds would be for defense, kicker and extra players. What do you think?

Locking in to a strategy like this seems to be how Al Davis runs the Raiders' draft and it neeeever works.

Having it bubbling in the back of your mind is not a bad thing - but you need to be flexible ... though, I'd guess you''ll take a qb/TE toooo early and wrs tooo late in this mix. But then again, it reeeeeally depends on how the draft unfolds!

Locking in to a strategy like this seems to be how Al Davis runs the Raiders' draft and it neeeever works.

:wacko:

He's right though.

Just see how the cards fall when you get there. Have some players highlighted, have some ideas in mind, but don't commit yourself to NEEDING a RB in round 1, or NEEDING a QB by round 3.

Very sound advice from a very wise man :wacko: