[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Trade Advice

Lucky11

vital stats: 22 man roster; start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, K, T, D; standard scoring w/ PPR.

i took over a team in a league which has been going for 5 years. this is my first year in a Dynasty, though have been playing FF for 15+.

i'm really thin at RB and looking to upgrade. received this offer today:

i give Rothlesberger

i get Ryan Grant

though i really need a starting RB, this seems like a high price to pay. i countered with Roth for Ray Rice and got rejected.

thoughts? :wacko:

Who else do you have at QB to start if you give up Roth?

Who are your current RBs? Is Grant a major upgrade to them?

What picks do you have in the upcoming draft?

Dixon, Dennis PIT QB

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Romo, Tony DAL QB

Betts, Ladell WAS RB (I)

Fargas, Justin OAK RB

Ganther, Quinton WAS RB

Hightower, Tim ARI RB

Mason, Marcus WAS RB

McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB

Portis, Clinton WAS RB (I)

Sproles, Darren SDC RB

as you can see, the RB situation is bad at best. the rookie/FA draft is five rounds, and i have the 1.7 in each. if i end up moving Roth (or Romo - i have them ranked about the same and don't love one more than the other) then i would probably target a QB in the first round.

kinda sucks that in a dynasty league where you where nice enough to take over a team, you get the 7th pick in a non-snake draft.

We had an owner take over an abandoned dynasty team this year. I'm the commissioner, and with everyone else's approval, we thought it was fair to give that team the 1st pick (snake draft though).

You can trade Romo or Grant for a better RB than Grant, although he's not bad. The problem with Grant though is that his value is based on his production of being the featured back, and there's rumors about Green Bay going after Javid Best, which would quickly screw Grant. Since this is dynasty, I'm sure you have the whole offseason to do trades, so in Grant's case, I would wait to trade for him until after the draft.

kinda sucks that in a dynasty league where you where nice enough to take over a team, you get the 7th pick in a non-snake draft.

We had an owner take over an abandoned dynasty team this year. I'm the commissioner, and with everyone else's approval, we thought it was fair to give that team the 1st pick (snake draft though).

You can trade Romo or Grant for a better RB than Grant, although he's not bad. The problem with Grant though is that his value is based on his production of being the featured back, and there's rumors about Green Bay going after Javid Best, which would quickly screw Grant. Since this is dynasty, I'm sure you have the whole offseason to do trades, so in Grant's case, I would wait to trade for him until after the draft.

yeah, i see your point with the draft position, but i knew the rules going in. i look at it as more of a challenge.

i think you're right in holding off until after the NFL draft to try to get a deal done.