[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green jobs and clean energy...

millerx

I am pissed :wacko: that the money we gave to the gov't... the same money that is going to put my kids in debt (and my kids' kids) isn't even going to create jobs here in America!! In fact, as the study indicates, 8 in 10 jobs are overseas!!

And what really pisses me off is that rather than correct the problem, the a-holes that passed this stimulus bill won't fess up to the mistake because it would make them look like they didn't know what they were doing in the first place and just rushed this thing through with out taking time to review it....

Well I got news for ya!!

Read this from ABC World News.

Yours and my tax money out the window!!

Edited by millerx

Yea this doesn't seem to make sense.

in fact, as the study indicates, 8 in 10 jobs are overseas!!

It actually looks like it's higher, but it should be clarified this is the green part of the bill or 0.25 % of the entire Stimulus. Not that it's justified, but I just know that some people are going to read your sentence and think you're talking about the entire bill.

Yea this doesn't seem to make sense.

It actually looks like it's higher, but it should be clarified this is the green part of the bill or 0.25 % of the entire Stimulus. Not that it's justified, but I just know that some people are going to read your sentence and think you're talking about the entire bill.

Thanks for the clarification. I was just repeating what was stated on ABC's World News about the 8 in 10 jobs going overseas. But what ticks me off even more is that they would rather 'spin' this than correct the obvious screw up. F'n politicians!

ETA: And the 8 in 10 was just a quote from the news reporter doing the coverage on the TV.

Edited by millerx

I don't know. I'm pretty sure I know I'm involved with something stupid every time the government is supposed to "create" jobs.

If the goal is for clean energy via wind turbines than much of that money is going to be used in the most cost effective way. If an overseas company is already producing wind turbines and is low bid, than should we spend a lot more on a local company :wacko:.

The other problem you have is global companies. I used to work for GE. Now they may very well be involved in some of this business. Are they local? They are incorporated in New York but that doesn't mean you might not have a partnership with a company such as Fuji on a GE product (like I used to sell variable frequency drives from "GE" that were partnered with Fuji).

I guess my point is that these things get very complicated as many businesses are created and run differently. Even if an "American" company wins the bid, it could create more jobs at a plant in Ireland or India before it creates them in Iowa.