[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

List of 2010 Free Agents

Duchess Jack

Commissioner Roger Goodell:

“We’re asking [players] to recognize the incredible costs, which they have already acknowledged, that are required to grow revenue. You have to invest in these stadiums that we’re in today. You need to find new ways of creating revenue, whether it’s international or otherwise. And that takes investment. And we need to make sure that the owners have the capital to be able to do that. And then the pie grows and everyone benefits. And so I think the players will continue to see growing revenue – growing salaries, but their salaries have doubled over the last decade.”

“The important number to focus on is since the 2006 agreement was struck, we have generated $3.6 billion in incremental revenue, additional revenue. $2.6 billion of that has gone to the players. The owners are actually $200 million worse off than they were in 2006. So the system is not working for at least one side of the equation. And that’s the point. You have to have a system that works for everybody.”

NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith :

“On a scale of 1 to 10, [a work stoppage] is a 14.”

“[What] we do not understand and cannot give into is how a business that makes over $8 billion and averages over $31 million per team can look its employees in the face and say, ‘Take an 18-percent pay cut,’ without any justification for doing so.”

Typical company vs union talk. The union does not want to give anything up since they don't recognize there are more costs. This could get ugly when greed starts to cloud their thinking. I have seen it before and its not pretty. I am for the owners on this one.

I hear you but when you get down to it, I think they're all POSs and already making a zillion $ more than they should and hate to say it but for the greater good I almost hope the NFL falls apart altogether and they all lose their fn shirt.

I hear you but when you get down to it, I think they're all POSs and already making a zillion $ more than they should and hate to say it but for the greater good I almost hope the NFL falls apart altogether and they all lose their fn shirt.

I don't know - cheaper tickets would be nice. I don't think teams will be making hugh free agent signings like years past.