[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Trade Advice:

gandalas

What you think about this trade offer? I get Vernon Davis. We can start 2-TE, so even though I have Gates already, I can start them both.

Scoring: .5 PPR, Start 3-5 WR, 1-3 TE.

I give:

Mike sims-Walker

Bernard Berrian

4.10 2010 Pick

I get:

Vernon Davis

2.04 2010 Pick

3.05 2010 Pick

My WRs and TE:

Devin Aromashodu

Bernard Berrian

Steve Breaston

Marques Colston

Mike Sims-Walker

Mike Wallace

Antonio Gates

Fred Davis

His WRs and TE:

Mark Clayton

Santonio Holmes

Torry Holt

Mike Jenkins

Kevin Walter

Owen Daniels

Vernon Davis

Dustin Keller

Basically, he REALLY needs WR help, so I think I am getting a good deal here. I will still have Colston, Breaston, Wallace, and Aromashodu at WR, and will be able to start both Gates and Vernon Davis every week as well. Plus I get an extra 2nd and 3rd rounder? I like it, what you all think? I also have the 1.03 Rookie pick, so I may be able to get Dez Bryant to replace MSW.

Edited by gandalas

Typically, wr's are a little more consistent than te's, but sims-walker is on a run 1st team and is prone to boom or bust weeks more or less just like a te. I think Davis will get consistent looks, so I think the deal isn't too bad. I'd say losing msw leaves you weak at wr as you don't know about aroma yet and even whether breaston will start for sure over doucet and what he'll be worth with leinart throwing to him. If Dez falls to you, you would be ok, but I think you are hoping for a miracle there.

Nonetheless, I think I would do the trade, but I'm not overly excited about it. I'd counter just to see what happens.

If you are solid at RBs, I would do the trade, and grab WRs with the 1.3 & aquired 2.4 picks.

I've seen Vernon ranked as the #1 dynasty TE.

I would try to package the 1.3 & 2.4 to move up to get Dez.

I've seen some mock drafts showing the Jaguars grabbing Dez in the draft (they looked at Crabtree last year but passed). If they do, I can see Dez becoming the #1 WR on that team, and devaluing MSW.

i agree that your WRs need a facelift. but i don't think Skywalker and BB are the ones to do it. i like taking VD and the two higher picks, because VD can take over a game in ways even Gates can't (anymore, that is) and those two picks you can use on any combo of these rookie receivers coming out (a deep class IMO).

PS, Colston shouldn't be any higher than your WR2; you need a WR1.

• 4 weeks later...
So maybe you should pull the trigger on this trade and package Gates and some of those excess picks for a real WR1.

+1 on that

I think you need to re evaluate your WR corp. You have some nice young guys but my no means are you well off. Do not make the trade.

+1

+2

I can't believe I just agreed with these 2 :wacko: