[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks Fans - Justin Forsett?

Wpob

I picked up Justin Forsett at the end of last season in a dynasty league hoping he would be the #1 RB in 2010 after Seattle dumps Julius Jones. But now Ikeep jhearing about how they want to draft Spiller or another RB with the second 1st round pick. Has Forsett already fallen out of favor with Carroll or are they looking to team him up with a draft pick for a 1-2 punch? Should I hold him as a keeper or throw him back?

Who knows what Carroll will do, but you have to think that since everytime Forsett has gotten a decent amount of carrys/looks in the passign game he's done something good he'll be a part of the offense.

I don't see it playing out like an old school 1-2nd down back and then the third down back...I think you are looking more like a situation in Dallas where depending on the situation you might see Tashard Choice, Felix Jones, or Marion Barber for a 5-10 plays at a time...

I do also think that they will add another body at the RB position via the draft and that guy will get touches as well....but 6-10 carriers and 3-5 receptions a game could make forsett a pretty solid RB3 borderline RB2 depending on what he does with them.

FYI Justin Forsett is appearing in some sort of community fund raiser this week or next (I'll check the sign again on my way home). Is this typically done with people the team anticipates getting rid of?

Edit:

If you want to know what the local sports masterminds are saying, most people don't think RB is at the top of the list for the Seahawks to spend a pick in the first round. Spiller would be the only exception to that if he is available at 14, which I doubt he will be.

Most people around here think the Hawks will take a QB at 6. I think that's a stupid move, personally, regardless of what people think of Hasselbeck's performance. Why? Because I think Bradford and Clausen leave a lot to be desired in a really pretty lackluster QB class this year.

Now, there are a handful of fantastic linemen in this year's draft, and I really hope that the Seahawks spend one first-round pick on a left tackle. Most sports people in the area think they will.

So if you get a QB + OL in the first round, I doubt you are going to find second-round value (even though the hawks have a low pick in the 2nd) that will replace Justin Forsett. Leaving only free-agency (Hawks are looking at Quinton Ganther now that Mike Bell has signed in Philly).

Seahawks also have a huge hole now at Free Safety, and based on this I think it's almost inevitable that they will draft Mays or Berry.

So in conclusion, the noise the Hawks are making seems to point to them wanting to make a move at RB, but how that move will effect Forsett is not certain at this point. But based on what writers/casters are saying, it is unlikely that Forsett will be spelled (or 'spilled', hehe) by who we take in the draft.

Edited by Medal of Honor

Most people around here think the Hawks will take a QB at 6. I think that's a stupid move, personally, regardless of what people think of Hasselbeck's performance. Why? Because I think Bradford and Clausen leave a lot to be desired in a really pretty lackluster QB class this year.

I'm guessing the Charlie Whitehurst signing means they won't draft QB with the #6 pick.

Update: Hawks have signed Quinton Ganther, but I can't imagine he will take over Forsett's #2 spot. I think it's Forsett's to lose.

If Forsett is the #2, who is the #1? it can't be Julius Jones again....can it?

Of course we'll know a lot more after the draft. I don't see the Hawks drafting a RB in the first round. Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd. If they don't draft one in the first, I would bet money that Forsett leads the backfield in touches next season. He may not get the first carry of the first quarter, but he'll outplay Jones and should end up being a 12-15 carry, 3-6 catch type guy. He doesn't have the talent to get 2000 all-purpose yards, but 1300-1500 probably isn't out of the question.