[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With billiions being thrown around like pennies the desensitivation of America continues...

I Like Soup

Has anyone paused to think that with all of the discussions about Obamacare, billions of dollars seem to be thrown around as if it doesn't mean much, however...additionally, I find the same to be true about talk about reducing the deficit. Great job Big Brother, you aren't spending as much as you don't have to spend in the first place, but you are still spending money you don't have. I'm not impressed. When you get back to a surplus and actually begin paying down our national debt, I'll be a little more comfortable.

It's pretty unpossible to run surpluses in the midst of the worst recession we've ever seen. Tax revenues are down. Spending is up in an effort to prop up the economy. What would you like to see Washington do right here and now? You raise taxes, you further depress the economy. You cut spending you further depress the economy.

It's pretty unpossible to run surpluses in the midst of the worst recession we've ever seen. Tax revenues are down. Spending is up in an effort to prop up the economy. What would you like to see Washington do right here and now? You raise taxes, you further depress the economy. You cut spending you further depress the economy.

Isn't this in effect, what the Health Care Bill is going to do?

I would very much liked to have seen Obama have the same tenacity with job creation and righting the economic list in his first 15 months than Health Care.

Isn't this in effect, what the Health Care Bill is going to do?

I would very much liked to have seen Obama have the same tenacity with job creation and righting the economic list in his first 15 months than Health Care.

Alot of the health care bill stuff doesn't come into effect for a couple of years. Who knows what the state of the economy will be in by then.

I absolutely agree about job creation. I would have liked to have seen massive infrastructure projects fast tracked. If you are going to spend the money and jack up the debt even further, than put it towards investments that will have some payback. Hell, build McCain's 100 nuclear plants he wants.

Alot of the health care bill stuff doesn't come into effect for a couple of years. Who knows what the state of the economy will be in by then.

I absolutely agree about job creation. I would have liked to have seen massive infrastructure projects fast tracked. If you are going to spend the money and jack up the debt even further, than put it towards investments that will have some payback. Hell, build McCain's 100 nuclear plants he wants.

Not to mention that is a green way to go (well, greener than coal) and that should be just fine with the Obamamessiah.

As far as health care bill stuff, doesn't it tax us for the first four years and then we are able to start reaping the benefits of the "system"? I seem to recall the CBO's numbers were under scrutiny because it accounted for 6 years of services after the first four years gathered taxes and no services, thereby making it "budget neutral" or some such crap. Or...is that a Fox talking point...:wacko:

almost all of the taxes hit the first year. so yeah, big tax increases right in the middle of a recession. that would seem like a bad idea if your main concern was jobs and economic recovery, however as that brooks article you posted today pointed out, the democrats have bigger fish to fry here. this is about fulfilling their progressive dream.

and while the tax increases hit right away, most of the benefits don't start until a few years later. just one of the many ways they rigged the bill to make it appear deficit-friendly.