[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ideas for a website for kids / parents?

muck

I was talking with some friends recently about ideas for a website for kids / parents. There was quite a bit of discussion around (i) what sorts of things people would find helpful / interesting / etc. that would drive traffic ... and ... (ii) what sort of revenue model should be pursued.

Content and revenue ideas:

* Ideas on how to teach character development, including resource materials -- could be both advertising and product revenues

* Funny kid stories / videos / pictures -- advertising revenue only (probably)

* Childrens theater / plays / music -- could be both advertising and product revenues

* blog on parenting -- advertising revenue only (possibly some affiliate revenues?)

* sell toys / books -- seems like this idea is about 15yrs too late, but there are new sites popping up all the time that sell stuff that Amazon (etc) doesn't sell (yet)

I'm sure there are other ideas ... is there anything going on out there that you, as a parent, would like to have a resource for that you don't currently? Is there a need for some sort of "hub" for all of these sorts of things, or is that an overdone idea? Any other ideas?

TIA.

:wacko:

I was talking with some friends recently about ideas for a website for kids / parents. There was quite a bit of discussion around (i) what sorts of things people would find helpful / interesting / etc. that would drive traffic ... and ... (ii) what sort of revenue model should be pursued.

Content and revenue ideas:

* Ideas on how to teach character development, including resource materials -- could be both advertising and product revenues

* Funny kid stories / videos / pictures -- advertising revenue only (probably)

* Childrens theater / plays / music -- could be both advertising and product revenues

* blog on parenting -- advertising revenue only (possibly some affiliate revenues?)

* sell toys / books -- seems like this idea is about 15yrs too late, but there are new sites popping up all the time that sell stuff that Amazon (etc) doesn't sell (yet)

I'm sure there are other ideas ... is there anything going on out there that you, as a parent, would like to have a resource for that you don't currently? Is there a need for some sort of "hub" for all of these sorts of things, or is that an overdone idea? Any other ideas?

TIA.

:wacko:

You need to find a nitch for this type of website. There are millions of parent/kids websites out there. Find a certain angle and then use Drupal to build it. You don't have to know programming to use drupal. If you want some examples of a website built using drupal (free btw) go to www.apple.com

You need to find a nitch for this type of website. There are millions of parent/kids websites out there. Find a certain angle and then use Drupal to build it. You don't have to know programming to use drupal. If you want some examples of a website built using drupal (free btw) go to www.apple.com

I agree. Add some social networking in the mix and you have winner.

Another free website building tool is Word Press. It's really easy to setup and use.