[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

YMCA of the Rockies

geeteebee

Anyone ever been? Looking for summer vacation plans for the family and have been told to look into this. Looks pretty cool from the website. I've got 4 kids from 3-9 so would be interested to hear if anybody has stayed there with kids.

When driving through the Texas hill country a couple of weeks ago and hearing my kids talk about how big the mountians were, I knew then that I needed to get them out of Texas to see what actual mountains look like.

TIA

Anyone ever been? Looking for summer vacation plans for the family and have been told to look into this. Looks pretty cool from the website. I've got 4 kids from 3-9 so would be interested to hear if anybody has stayed there with kids.

When driving through the Texas hill country a couple of weeks ago and hearing my kids talk about how big the mountians were, I knew then that I needed to get them out of Texas to see what actual mountains look like.

TIA

I went there two years ago for our family reunion. My kids were 11 and 7. We stayed for 4 days and nights. Pros: A very affordable place to visit. Kids will like the indoor pool and mini golf. Also, they have crafts for the kids to do. The Park is nearby and you can drive and scare the crap out of your family. The mountains are even bigger than the ones here in Montana. The kids can fish in a pond at the YMCA. A bobber and some worms will catch some rainbow trout. They have a cool FOLF course if you want some exercise. You can go into Estes Park, a 10 minute drive, and rent an affordable pontoon boat and cruise the little lake in town.

Cons: The cafeteria food is not that great. It’s nice not to have to prepare meals or drive to a place to eat, but after a day or so the food will wear on you. The location is about 8,000 feet. You do some walking to get from place to place. The altitude will get you. There are a ton of kids there as you would expect. Lots of people who speak different languages as well. You must keep your alcohol in your rooms, but it’s easy to get around that.

I think with the ages of your children, it will be a very enjoyable location for your family. The people who work there are very friendly. We had a good time. We had about 30 people so we rented a conference room. It gave us a place to play games as a group and hang out at night.