[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone familiar with the Phoenix/mesa area?

Sobrsis

aside from being new to the forums (which by the way I love it so far everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful) I just moved out to the phoenix/mesa area from south illinois for work. I was wondering if anyone is from around this area or familiar with it and might know of a good sports bar out here or some of the attractions I should be checking out. thanks all!

...as grunge dusts off his minnie mouse ears and soup tries on his pinkston jersey.

(sorry for the huddle inside joke)

there's a few folks here from that area, hopefully they'll chime in. :wacko:

:D That would be wiegie and Big Country.

But CaP'N GRuNGe and Like Soup amongst several others are in the Phoenix area.

aside from being new to the forums (which by the way I love it so far everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful) I just moved out to the phoenix/mesa area from south illinois for work. I was wondering if anyone is from around this area or familiar with it and might know of a good sports bar out here or some of the attractions I should be checking out. thanks all!

assuming the QC stands for queen creek? i grew up in mesa and lived in gilbert, but have not lived in arizona for nearly 10 years. we used to like going to four peaks brewery in tempe, as well as gordon biersch on mill avenue. like i said, i haven't lived there for some time, but it also might help to know if you're by yourself or have a family/kids. just don't meet up with I Like Soup for trivia night -- he's terrible. :wacko:

assuming the QC stands for queen creek? i grew up in mesa and lived in gilbert, but have not lived in arizona for nearly 10 years. we used to like going to four peaks brewery in tempe, as well as gordon biersch on mill avenue. like i said, i haven't lived there for some time, but it also might help to know if you're by yourself or have a family/kids. just don't meet up with I Like Soup for trivia night -- he's terrible. :wacko:

I don't mind being on the outside of an inside joke haha. thanks

Monster, yeah QC is queen creek, I'm with my girlfriend of 3 years out here other than that no one else, the brewery sounds like fun (she's not 21 yet but i'll have a blast im sure haha) and he can't be worse than me at trivia. At an applebees trivia back home i tried to google something (IE cheat) the question was the largest city in vietnam, while at the time sai gon seems very obvious i came up with prey nokor.., which for future reference is the largest shipping port in vietnam :D cheaters never win i guess

I don't mind being on the outside of an inside joke haha. thanks

Monster, yeah QC is queen creek, I'm with my girlfriend of 3 years out here other than that no one else, the brewery sounds like fun (she's not 21 yet but i'll have a blast im sure haha) and he can't be worse than me at trivia. At an applebees trivia back home i tried to google something (IE cheat) the question was the largest city in vietnam, while at the time sai gon seems very obvious i came up with prey nokor.., which for future reference is the largest shipping port in vietnam :wacko: cheaters never win i guess

:D And montster is half Vietnamese.

Edited by Big John

which goes to further solidfy the fact i suck badly at trivia lol because I'm sure monster (along with really anyone else who didn't have as many $2 long island ice teas) would have gotten that question right, without the need to cheat lol. Thats why i stick to fantasy football :wacko:

four peaks is a microbrew with a lot of tv's around the bar and usually open windows.

six shooters is more of a true sports bar and at one point had a few shuffleboard tables (in addition to pool).

cooperstown is down by the ballpark if you are going to catch a game. it's alice cooper's place and has decent bbq.

those were my frequent haunts when i was in AZ and looking for a beer and a game.