[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Repulic of Molossia - a micronation?

Riffraff

People are strange. That dude's metals do nothing to disprove this statement. I mean, where did he earn them? In the war within his brain that transpired to give his nation independence? I'm ok with people hanging out and goofing off, but these look to be grown men pretending to be admirals and crap like that. This of course is behavior I typically reserve for kids under the age of about 8.

Dude has more issues than National Geographic......

I think he's just a guy with a cool sense of humor.

"[Alex] CHADWICK: In the book [Micronations: The Lonely Planet Guide to Self-Proclaimed Nations], you call an American entity, is it the Republic of Molossia? Am I pronouncing that correctly? Mr. [John] RYAN: Yeah. CHADWICK: This is the most delightful micronation, you say. Mr. RYAN: I think it is. I think when I discovered this republic, which is in Nevada — in one man's house and backyard and front garden — I think I stumbled across what for me really typifies the whole micronational movement. It's very creative, it's quite eccentric, and it brings out I think the best in good humor in people who are just keen to take control of their own affairs. And it's really a hobby for this particular fellow that has been pushed, you know, to the nth degree. He set up a little model railroad in the back garden, and he's got a space program where he regularly launches toy rocket ships and straps cameras to them in a vain attempt to get an aerial photograph of his property. CHADWICK: This is Kevin Baugh, who calls himself the president of Molossia. Mr. RYAN: That's right. And he gets about looking like a South American dictator from the '70s in big, reflective sunglasses and military regalia. But it's all done in very, very good humor. He's pegged his currency, which is made of gaming chips with his face on the front, which is appropriate for Nevada. He's pegged his currency to the value of Pillsbury cookie dough. It's just his wife and his two sons. I think it would be quite an interesting family life. CHADWICK: You talked to the leaders of many of these places. Either you saw them in person or you called them or maybe had e-mail exchanges. Were you able to figure out how seriously any of them take this? Mr. RYAN: Yeah, I think to differing degrees. But one thing — even President Baugh of Molossia said to me that he didn't mind us, you know, engaging in the good humor but not to make light of it, not to treat it with too much disrespect; that he was still trying to, you know, make a point and do something and that he deserved, you know, some respect in that process."

Several items are banned in Molossia, including firearms, tobacco, and incandescent light bulbs

The Postal and Telegraph Service currently produces cinderella stamps

Vesperia is the name of Molossia's claim of 49,881 square miles on the planet of Venus.

If he had a sparkly white glove on one hand and did the moon walk I'd swear he was a pedophile...

Several items are banned in Molossia, including firearms, tobacco, and incandescent light bulbs

The Postal and Telegraph Service currently produces cinderella stamps

Vesperia is the name of Molossia's claim of 49,881 square miles on the planet of Venus.

If he had a sparkly white glove on one hand and did the moon walk I'd swear he was a pedophile...

Never mind, no guns and no tobacco. That place must be more miserable than New Jersey.