[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jamaal Charles - Keeper question

mrip

PPR, can keep 4, 2 rounds earlier than taken last year, max 2 per position. For RBs I am planning to keep Chris Johnson and Ray Rice. That leaves me with Jamaal Charles who will cost an 8th round pick to try and trade away. If I'm interested in getting a pick for him, how high would you shoot for? I just don't want to scare anyone off. Thanks!

PPR, can keep 4, 2 rounds earlier than taken last year, max 2 per position. For RBs I am planning to keep Chris Johnson and Ray Rice. That leaves me with Jamaal Charles who will cost an 8th round pick to try and trade away. If I'm interested in getting a pick for him, how high would you shoot for? I just don't want to scare anyone off. Thanks!

I am very high on Jamaal Charles this year even with TJ being there... He might be faster than Chris Johnson and is a threat to take it to the house anytime he touches the ball.... You could demand a 1st or 2nd round pick depending on current rosters...He is for sure a Top 20RB in Keeper and Dynasty Leagues....In KC offensive scheme he should get a fair share of those dump off passes making him more valuable in PPR leagues also.

How do your other positions look? I'm a big fan of value relative to draft position and would put CJ out there to see what kind of offers you get. If you can get a monster upgrade at QB/WR position PLUS open up your first rounder by keeping Charles for an 8th rounder instead I'd consider that.

To directly answer your question, with 2 RB keepers per team, he's got to be one of the top 5 that's not going to be kept so he's a target 1st rounder - I'd shoot for a 2nd round at worst. It's still a bargain for the guy offering and for any less you're probably better of making someone blow a 1st for him.

Oh, and how does CJ merit not being a keeper? Did he really last until the 3rd round last year, or is this a chain from two years' ago draft?

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I was a bit unclear. This is year 3 of the keeper chain. Last year I kept CJ as a 7th rounder. This year I am planning to keep CJ as a 5th, and Rice as a 3rd. My other potential keepers are VJax at 6, Sproles at 8, and Burleson at 12. Because keepers are bumped up 2 rounds every year, no one from round 1 or 2 last year can be kept this year leaving quite a bit of talent in the draft pool, leaving some owners without RBs worth keeping at the increased price, and making mid/late round rookie picks potential jackpots (See CJ).

So I'm planning to keep Rice, CJ, VJax and maybe Burleson leaving my 1 and 2 picks free, and leaving Charles available to trade away to a team without a good rb keeper. My team should be ridiculous.

Based on what you have in them, I'd try to trade Rice and keep Charles.

I understand the idea of trading Rice over charles because next year you would have to give up your 1st rounder to keep Rice and only a 4th rounder to keep Charles. I like charles but I think that with TJ there he will lose carries and I think rice's production will go up this year. If it were me I would do just what mrip is thinking and keep both CJ and RR unless he could trade one of them for an upgrade in WR or QB and then keep Charles. ALthough I might try and see what you could get by trading Charles.