[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League - Need Help

COP31

We give up the round in which he was drafted. If not drafted (then we give up the 17th round pick this year)

Who should I keep?

Ryan Grant - 17th Round

Sidney Rice - 17th Round

Frank Gore - 1st Round

Andre Johnson - 2nd Round

DeSean Jackson - 5th Round

Shonn Greene - 9th Round

Assuming this is a relatively standard league in terms of lineup requirements and scoring, I agree with the order Opie has, and also add my standard partial keeper league advice of try to trade any of the players you dont keep for picks or pick improvements.

I.e, if you can find an owner that would want Gore and he has a first rounder higher than yours, offer him Gore for a swap of firsts. You move up in the round, he gives up a lesser pick for Gore, or offer him Gore and your 3rd or 4th for his 2nd. Something like that.

Same goes for any of the other players.

Grant -- seriously? 17th?

Greene

Rice

DeJax

AJ

Gore -- I think he's going to have a great year, but you might even be able to get him back in the 1st while keeping the other.

Can you keep this player next year for the same round? Can you trade players?

You'd put DeJax in front of AJ? I agree with you in all honesty, but I've also drank the DeJax koolaid. Most people would for sure put AJ well before DeJax. Whats your reasoning, Opie?

re-read the thread top-down.

It is a PPR League and we only get to keep one player ,,,, so I would not be able to trade any of the others.

I have kept Ryan Grant for the past 3 years giving up my 17th round pick ,,, (I have won 2 of the last 3 Championships ...)

To be honest ,, I was leaning towards Gore (based on Ease of Schedule ...especially for the playoffs!)

But for the same reasons ,,, I was thinking DJax (but Kolb is unproven) There in lies my quandry!

Just trying to gage whether to keep an RB or WR ... I know what position I draft in may ultimately determine who I keep. If early enough I can get Gore back and keep another RB that is a solid #1. Last year I kept Grant ... picked Gore in the 1st Round and got Andre Johnson in the 2nd. By the third round I was picking my 2nd WR and that was my core roster ,,,,,

It is a PPR League and we only get to keep one player ,,,, so I would not be able to trade any of the others.

I have kept Ryan Grant for the past 3 years giving up my 17th round pick ,,, (I have won 2 of the last 3 Championships ...)

To be honest ,, I was leaning towards Gore (based on Ease of Schedule ...especially for the playoffs!)

But for the same reasons ,,, I was thinking DJax (but Kolb is unproven) There in lies my quandry!

That sucks for everyone that you can't make trades before keeper declarations. It gives a chance for the teams that did better to get a little value for their players, and gives teams that sucked it up the year before the opportunity to start off with a better keeper.

Do you at least get to learn your draft position prior to declaring keepers? Well, even with a late first rounder, I don;t think I would give it up for Gore given the value being presented by Grant, Greene and Rice, primarily Grant and Rice.

You have not indicated your lineup requirements, but assuming it is 2 RB mandatory and at least 2 WR mandatory, I would still strongly lean towards protecting Grant, giving you a solid RB2 to start for your 17th round pick. If you are only required to start 1 RB and must start 3 WRs, then arguments for Rice and the value he presents or possibly DJax (though with Kolb now at QB I would opt away from him as it is a new situation) have greater merit.

I'd lean here

Ryan Grant - 17th Round

Sidney Rice - 17th Round

Maybe

DeSean Jackson - 5th Round

Shonn Greene - 9th Round

Not a chance:

Frank Gore - 1st Round

Andre Johnson - 2nd Round

I've never done a league like this. Who decides which round?

@ Big Country ... you are RIGHT ,,, 2RB & 2 WR must start ,,, that's why I have been keeping Grant ,,, it is a PPR League and IF Farve returns ,,, Rice could be appealing as well ,,,,especially for a 17th round pick! We do find out our draft positions ,,, prior to declaring our keeper. I'm still "toying" with the idea of Shonn Greene for a 9th round pick ... I think that is a solid value ,,,especially since he should get the majority of the carries on a solid Jets team!