[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arizona school removes minority faces from mural

mrip

you seem to be painting with a pretty broad brush based on one report of a few people yelling out of their car window. some dude yelled "get the sp-- off the wall"? welp, case closed, the whole state is a bunch of racist a-holes :wacko:

it's really stupid to ask the artist to lighten the faces. seriously, what moron could have thought that would turn out well?

maybe even dumber though was paying the artist -- with public funds on public property -- to paint this stupid piece of propaganda in the first place.

In fairness, I did specifically say that I don't this applies to everyone and simply said there are "plenty" of people who feel this way. Now, if it was simply because of a bunch of yahoos standing on the street yelling this, that would obviously be a major stretch. But it seems that it's a bunch of yahoos on the street with a Councilman lending them credibility by taking up their cause in the halls of government.

And let us also not get carried away with the "propaganda". It was not a mural about Latino culture or anything. It was a mural about green transportation that happened to have a Latino kid prominently displayed. Now, maybe the notion of people riding their bikes and buses is taboo. But I don't think murals on schools is a bad thing and I could think of worse messages than encouraging green transportation. Now, did the artist have some agenda by making the one Latino kid largest? Perhaps. Hell, maybe likely. Would it have been out of hand for someone to make a point of this before the painting was done? Certainly not. A bit petty, perhaps, but totally understandable.

But let's not pretend that it was some Chicano pride collage being forced down people's throats.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And let us also not get carried away with the "propaganda". It was not a mural about Latino culture or anything. It was a mural about green transportation that happened to have a Latino kid prominently displayed.

Maybe they're pissed because it wasn't organic lettuce that he was shown to be picking?

-exhale- Dense.

Here, let me spell this out for you:

So my first post is this one:

Then I posed a question in response to Perchy-pooh's post to broaden the discussion

Asking the question from a different view point. However, you [assuming you know what my 'typical stances']

Then you step in with your mouth directly attacking my opinion instead of having a nice discussion (debat) on the top. You, in classic liberal 'I'm going to attack you right out the gate because you don't see the matter in my eyes':

Then in response to Mrip's post I posted a snip from the article to show that the racist views don't just come from white people.

["This is a predominantly black neighborhood," Richardson said. "We thought it was the Aryan nation or the Ku Klux Klan."]

However, because you got all bent out of shape over my post and then basically told me I am wrong for having an opinion other than yours, continued with your drival.

Is this clear now? Can you see just how much of a jerk you are? I mean, it's pretty freaking clear.

:wacko:

I'll give you this. It was unfair for me to assume that you typically don't approve of racial quotas. That was out of line. That is, of course, assuming that assumption is incorrect. An answer that you still haven't given me.

Other than that, you still really haven't backed up your stance and are really not actually debating at all.

Why is it a "racist" view for a black person to assume that a violent and offensive mural painted in a black neighborhood was painted by a group that makes no secret of their hatred for black people? She was not saying anything bad about white people, she was associating a violent and offensive mural with a very particular group of white people who hate blacks as a rule. And hell, she was wrong. So what. The charge was for you to show an example of "the same sort of thing" happening in a black community. And you failed miserably.

Whatever. Have a nice day.

Edited by detlef

I'll give you this. It was unfair for me to assume that you typically don't approve of racial quotas. That was out of line. That is, of course, assuming that assumption is incorrect. An answer that you still haven't given me.

Other than that, you still really haven't backed up your stance and are really not actually debating at all.

Why is it a "racist" view for a black person to assume that a violent and offensive mural painted in a black neighborhood was painted by a group that makes no secret of their hatred for black people? She was not saying anything bad about white people, she was associating a violent and offensive mural with a very particular group of white people who hate blacks as a rule. And hell, she was wrong. So what. The charge was for you to show an example of "the same sort of thing" happening in a black community. And you failed miserably.

Whatever. Have a nice day.

One last time here since after everything you still don't get it.

I HAVE NO STANCE THAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO JUSTIFY!!!!!

I was attempting to expand the discussion but when you went right on the attack I got piiisssssed.

Lord have mercy.

One last time here since after everything you still don't get it.

I HAVE NO STANCE THAT I AM ATTEMPTING TO JUSTIFY!!!!!

I was attempting to expand the discussion but when you went right on the attack I got piiisssssed.

Lord have mercy.

My bad. Of course, in fairness, this is actually the first time that you've mentioned you were just throwing out points that you had no intention of substantiating. Had I known that from the outset, I wouldn't have bothered.

I'll keep that in mind going forward. Thanks for the clarification.

My bad. Of course, in fairness, this is actually the first time that you've mentioned you were just throwing out points that you had no intention of substantiating. Had I known that from the outset, I wouldn't have bothered.

I'll keep that in mind going forward. Thanks for the clarification.

But how does that justify you jumping right in and making statements like my 'based on my typical stances?' You have no idea what my stances are. How does it justify attack someone right from jump street? It doesn't. It just proves that some people don't want to hear another side of a debate and only want to push their viewpoint. Had you taken the time to ask if those were my view points you could have saved yourself a lot of time.

This is why political threads are gunned all the time.

But how does that justify you jumping right in and making statements like my 'based on my typical stances?' You have no idea what my stances are. How does it justify attack someone right from jump street? It doesn't. It just proves that some people don't want to hear another side of a debate and only want to push their viewpoint. Had you taken the time to ask if those were my view points you could have saved yourself a lot of time.

This is why political threads are gunned all the time.

OK, I have recognized that was out of line. Again, I should have not assumed that you were typically against racial quotas. My apologies. Now, would you be so kind as to let me know if I was not only guilty of making assumptions of your view points, but actually making wrong ones at that? So, now I've asked. Like 4 times I think. So, I'm not so sure about your theory that simply asking you would save me a lot of time.

And, you know what, I'm not going to let you off the hook for "I HAVE NO STANCE THAT I'M ATTEMPTING TO JUSTIFY" bit. Because you were pretty locked and loaded when you posted that link. A link that you seemed to be pretty adamant was a black neighborhood version of what was going on in AZ. So, you can't just throw something like that out there. Something that doesn't come close to "disproving someone's fantasy world" and then hide behind this bit about "just trying to expand the argument".

OK, I have recognized that was out of line. Again, I should have not assumed that you were typically against racial quotas. My apologies. Now, would you be so kind as to let me know if I was not only guilty of making assumptions of your view points, but actually making wrong ones at that? So, now I've asked. Like 4 times I think. So, I'm not so sure about your theory that simply asking you would save me a lot of time.

And, you know what, I'm not going to let you off the hook for "I HAVE NO STANCE THAT I'M ATTEMPTING TO JUSTIFY" bit. Because you were pretty locked and loaded when you posted that link. A link that you seemed to be pretty adamant was a black neighborhood version of what was going on in AZ. So, you can't just throw something like that out there. Something that doesn't come close to "disproving someone's fantasy world" and then hide behind this bit about "just trying to expand the argument".

:wacko:

You are like the energizer battery rabbit

• 3 weeks later...