[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So let me get this straight: the USA is going to sue the state of AZ?

BeeR

I don't care either way if they are or are not going to read his articles....

I'm just saying to stop being a little girl about it,...

that's what I am trying to get at. If you don't care either way (and it hasn't and most likely won't happen), why even waste time trying to make people feel guilty about it? Was it feigned indignation?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing to me that people keep ignoring the reason that violence on the border is prevalent. Drug smuggling. Yet we do nothing to solve the problem of demand in this country, and act self righteous when people near the border have to deal with this subject. Controlled legalization has so many benefits to the US, yet isnt addressed. Hell, tobacco and alcohol can do just as much damage, and are legal. Eliminate what they are smuggling, and the violence/gang activity will drop accordingly . .

The fence in your link looks like it was made of lincoln logs. . . :tup:

Between businesses providing jobs to illegals, to an asinine drug policy to poor border enforcement, there is a litany of problems with the US handling the border. I still dont get why people focus on building higher fences instead of enacting better ways of preventing illegals jobs and shelter (IMO one of the only redeeming features of the Arizona bill is fines for businesses and employers that hire illegals . . but of course they didnt go far enough and make a huge complaint process to hinder the effort. :wacko:

I just hope that Arizona will help to kick start a new debate federally on this issue . . . and provide a comprehensive policy versus a hodgepodge of border state laws that will only help to funnel illegals to the state with the most lenient laws . .

that's what I am trying to get at. If you don't care either way (and it hasn't and most likely won't happen), why even waste time trying to make people feel guilty about it? Was it feigned indignation?

great question! The reasoning behind it was that I clicked this thread and was pretty much rick-roll'd when I ended up reading about people complaining about someone's views and threatening not to read their article....

plus I was under an influence at the time and I thought the whining was beyond retarded....

feel free to ask any more questions about why I said something, I'm sure you're writing a book about this as you're trying to twist this into something else.....

It is amazing to me that people keep ignoring the reason that violence on the border is prevalent. Drug smuggling. Yet we do nothing to solve the problem of demand in this country, and act self righteous when people near the border have to deal with this subject. Controlled legalization has so many benefits to the US, yet isnt addressed. Hell, tobacco and alcohol can do just as much damage, and are legal. Eliminate what they are smuggling, and the violence/gang activity will drop accordingly . .

The fence in your link looks like it was made of lincoln logs. . . :tup:

Between businesses providing jobs to illegals, to an asinine drug policy to poor border enforcement, there is a litany of problems with the US handling the border. I still dont get why people focus on building higher fences instead of enacting better ways of preventing illegals jobs and shelter (IMO one of the only redeeming features of the Arizona bill is fines for businesses and employers that hire illegals . . but of course they didnt go far enough and make a huge complaint process to hinder the effort. :wacko:

I just hope that Arizona will help to kick start a new debate federally on this issue . . . and provide a comprehensive policy versus a hodgepodge of border state laws that will only help to funnel illegals to the state with the most lenient laws . .

The hard headed government never bends on anything. They have to do everything the hard way.