[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many to keep?

We tried expanding to 10 teams last year, but it didn't work out. We are losing two owners, so rather than try to find two new owners we're just going back to 8 teams.

Starting Requirements:

Offense:

2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE

Defense:

2LB's, 2DB's, 1D

Scoring:

6 pts for all TD's

1 pt every 25 yds passing

-2 for Int's

-1 for fumbles lost

1 pt for every 8 yds rushing

1 pt for every 10 yds receiving

1 pt per reception

2 pt for 2pt conversion

1.5 pt for solo tackle

.75 for an assist

3 pts for sack

6 pts for INT

1 pt for FF

2 pt for pass defended

Here's who I'm keeping for sure:

QB's

Rivers

Palmer

VY

RB's

MJD

AP

WR's

AJohnson

SSmith (NYG)

Here's a few more players that I'm debating on:

Welker, Braylon, JFinley, FJackson, CTaylor

We lose a draft pick for every player. If I only keep 7 then my first pick is in round 8. There's extra talent out there this year. One of the teams that quit had a pretty good team (PManning, Favre, SGreene, Wayne, Moss, Crabtree, PWillis). I will probably end up keeping Welker, but I'm on the fence on Braylon and JFinley. What do you think Huddlers?

Edited by Capt. Stanky

So, the rosters of the teams that quit go back in the draft pool, correct?

What pick in the round do you have? And, do you think most teams will keep more or less players than you?

Most likely it will obviously be a very top heavy draft with the players being put back from the abandoned team, so making the right call on how many players to keep in order to maximize your chances at the even better players that will be there in the draft is key.

For example, if you think most teams are keeping 7 or more players, I would be very tempted to go so far as to keep only 6 (letting VY go back in the pool), as you could then replace him with Manning and probably have a shot at adding one of those WRs to your squad, giving you a very potent offensive set with great QB depth in a start 2 league.

But, if you think a number of teams will be keeping relatively few players, like 4 or so, then you have a tough dilemma as they will be loading up on the top available talent, and it may behoove you to go counter that and hold on to Welker and hope he comes back strong.

No IDPs that you are considering keeping from your squad?

My IDP's were subpar, except for Eric Weddle. He's the only player I would consider, and the word out of SD is that he will be playing more center field, and not in the box as much as he was in '08 and part of '09. I know at least 2 teams will not be keeping anyone. One of those teams is pretty good, but will have the first pick in the first 10 rounds (Since these are keeper rounds the draft doesn't snake, unless only two teams are picking, then it does snake.) One of the teams that won't be keeping anyone has Brady, Cutler, RGrant, Calvin Johnson, Austin. I would imagine a couple of other teams will probably only keep 4 or 5, so the chances of me getting one of these top 10 WR's that will be dumped back in is slim to none. In this format I typically don't even think about keep a TE unless it's a top 2 TE, but with the way Finley broke out at the end of last season it's very tempting. Braylon is more of an insurance policy with Welker probably out the first 6 weeks. I'm starting to think I can probably just redraft both Finley and Braylon worst case scenerio.

Also, I won the championship in this league last year so I will be picking last.

Edited by Capt. Stanky