[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

India and the U.S.: is the honeymoon over?

BeeR

I can say that every experience I've had with them has been negative. Not just as a customer dealing with call centers but one of my customers at work has all of their IT outsourced to an Indian company and they are an absolute joke. Their contract keeps getting renewed though, I'm guessing cost must be the deciding factor.

I can say that every experience I've had with them has been negative. Not just as a customer dealing with call centers but one of my customers at work has all of their IT outsourced to an Indian company and they are an absolute joke. Their contract keeps getting renewed though, I'm guessing cost must be the deciding factor.

I have fired two outsourced developer firms because their work was just total rubbish. Since we replaced the seven offshore developers with three in house, our throughput and quality has gone through the roof. I could go on and on about this subject but I know for a fact that almost everyone I've spoken to about any kind of offshore outsourcing has experienced the same thing - crap work, rework, poor coding, lousy response, massive personnel churn and on and on.

In house employee > Infinite number of offshore contractors.

Worked with plenty here in the states and actually my experience w/them has been very good on the whole - hard-working, polite, soft spoken, intelligent, humble. Very anti-ghetto. But the offshore people's comm. skills were routinely so poor that it cost us who knows how much in man-hours pissed away and projects, implementations etc delayed. Curious way to save a buck.

Edited by BeeR

My job was outsourced to India. I hope they never bring it back those scuzzy bassturds deserve all the rotten, underpriced f'ed up work that the Indians will be producing for them. I hated working with them before I lost my job, for all the reasons that Ursa documented above, I hope my old company continues to get bled dry by their foolish decision.

Worked with plenty here in the states and actually my experience w/them has been very good on the whole - hard-working, polite, soft spoken, intelligent, humble. Very anti-ghetto. But the offshore people's comm. skills were routinely so poor that it cost us who knows how much in man-hours pissed away and projects, implementations etc delayed. Curious way to save a buck.

honestly, I respect their culture and most Indian people over here are very respectful...but the outsourcing calls idea is one of the worst...