[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rank the rookies

brtdud7

needed to know for a trade i was offered

i trade:

Rookie pick #12

I get:

Rookie pick #8

accept, yeah?

That looks like a start up dynasty draft with a seperate rookie draft.

I would not do that deal with the down grade in the start up draft. That's how seasoned FF players take advantage of people looking at he shinning new rookie picks. The object is to get as many earlier start up picks as possible.

umm, he's downgrading from 4.01 to 4.05 in the vet draft. Do you think that's as significant as upgrading from 1.12 to 1.08? If so, please elaborate as I'll do right now...

I see the first round this year as having three tiers... 1.01-1.03, 1.04-1.09, and 1.10-1.12. IMO, based on the players I've looked at, he's upgrading an entire tier in the rookie draft.

Rookie tiers 2010

1.01 + 1.02

1.03 - 1.07

1.08 - ? so I obviously don't share your view of a tier improvement, however....

Vet draft he's downgrading 4 spots from 4.1 to 4.5 and another 9 spots from 4.12 to 5.7 (appears to be 14 team league)

The other guy is letting him (and you) focus on the shinny new rookie and not taking into consideration that there is a ton of guys in the 4th round of a vet draft that are way better then anything you'll see in the rookie draft at 1.08 or 1.12.

That's being taken advantage of.

from a fantasy rookie sleeper point of view, i really like McCluster. KC is a great fit for him. Their offense may suprise alot of fans this year. I think he is worth a late round flyer. I think he will outperform Golden Tate and Benn and get some TDs this year. He is NFL ready.

from a fantasy rookie sleeper point of view, i really like McCluster. KC is a great fit for him. Their offense may suprise alot of fans this year. I think he is worth a late round flyer. I think he will outperform Golden Tate and Benn and get some TDs this year. He is NFL ready.

Agreed he may surprise some but honestly dont feel his nfl performane will translate into fantasy, or atleast be too unpredictable to rely on.

How does everyone feel about trying to get Benn and Mike Williams. I feel that both have great upside and in this situation it seems that at least one of them will end up thriving as the Bucs number 1. This thought obviously shows that I believe in another year or two that Freeman will be a solid NFL quarterback.

fair enough.

fwiw... I have mathews, dez, and Best in my tier one. And I'd be equally satisfied with anyone in my tier two: hardesty, spiller, btate, gtate, benn, dthomas

As for the 4th-5th round :wacko: he's not giving up a pick, just moving down. That's probably like missing out on McCoy and taking Forte and missing out on Dwayne Bowe and getting Hakeem Nicks -- roughly speaking, according to http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

regardless, I'd probably try to trade the 1.08 for a 2nd and a 2011 first since next year's class looks good or use those two 2011 firsts to upgrade players in-season if I'm looking competitive.

plus every draft board is different. Who's to say the guy he was going to pick at 4.01 isn't going to just fall to him at 4.05 and maybe he gets a guy in the same tier at 5.7 as 4.12

Maybe he has a big elaborate tiered up chalk boad sitting in his basement and on it he has a tier ranging from 4.11 to 5.08 all in the same tier. Then on the other side of the chalkboard his rookie tiers are listed as LordOpie has said.