[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trading for 1.4 Draft Pick in Start-Up Dynasty AKA MJD

ZEB

New 12 man dynasty league...ppr.... 23 man rosters....i have the 1.8 for the startup draft...... the 1.4 is interested in trading me the 1.4 and letting me keep my 1.8....very appealing....here is the proposed deal

He gives: 1st, 8th and 9th round picks

I give: 2nd, 3rd, 7th round picks....

he also wants to swap 6th rounders which will bump him 4 spots in said round...

What do you think?

Too much to move up 4 spots in the first. You will be losing your 2nd and 3rd? Nope...maybe the 3rd and thats as far as I would go. He is letting you keep your 1st however but your choices for your 2nd/3rd WR would have to be spot on to do this.

I wouldn't just be moving up....i'd be acquiring the 1.4 and keeping my 1.8 as well....two picks in the first round for a startup dynasty is really attractive.... still have the same opinion? losing the 2nd doesn't really matter bc i'm getting 2 players in the 1st....i would be completely without a 3rd and 7th but would get double picks in the 8th and 9th..... eh?

I wouldn't just be moving up....i'd be acquiring the 1.4 and keeping my 1.8 as well....two picks in the first round for a startup dynasty is really attractive.... still have the same opinion? losing the 2nd doesn't really matter bc i'm getting 2 players in the 1st....i would be completely without a 3rd and 7th but would get double picks in the 8th and 9th..... eh?

Sounds like your ready to do the deal. It's not a bad deal, don't get me wrong. I'm just a firm believer in depth is all. Try to get his 4th for your 5th. Tell him this is the only way this could work. It's worth a try....its always worth a try...right??? :wacko:

This is a new league, yes? I would do the deal b/c you are gonna get more keeper value with two first round picks. I would not include the sixth round swap though, just seems like you could get away without it. You had better draft really smart though b/c if you don't you could really put yourself behind the eight ball early.

It is a tough call do you want 2 super studs or do you want a deep young starting line up for years to come. I have been looking at this for the past month trying to decide myself.

I joined a new high stakes FFPC format dynasty league that has a $750 buyin (plus $250 deposit) $1,000 to do this draft and it starts most likely this weekend sometime (slow draft)

I Myself was thinking about the same thing but doing the opposite if I get a high 1st rounder, I might trade it for a 2nd/3rd and then throw in 1 of my later rounders similar to the deal your talking about.

I would seriously consider that deal taking the 2nd/3rd/7th for my 1st/8th/9th

Then think if you dealt out your 2 2nds and added 3rds and 4ths something like the highest of the 2nds/7th for a 3rd/4th and then the other 2nd/6th for a 3rd/4th

This would then give me (4) 3rd round picks and (3) 4th round picks and (1) 5th.

That would build your entire starting line up of 8 players as they start 10 (K, DF plus 8)

That be pretty sweet I think to load up that way. I think once your past X number in the 1st round the players all start to look the same.

2 superstars or an entire starting line up of very good young players ? which path is the one to take ? Tough call indeed.

New 12 man dynasty league...ppr.... 23 man rosters....i have the 1.8 for the startup draft...... the 1.4 is interested in trading me the 1.4 and letting me keep my 1.8....very appealing....here is the proposed deal

He gives: 1st, 8th and 9th round picks

I give: 2nd, 3rd, 7th round picks....

he also wants to swap 6th rounders which will bump him 4 spots in said round...

What do you think?

First year startup, I would say no. At 8 you can truly get a top shelf player just not at RB. You can build RB depth with your remaining picks. Make the trade and you get a stud RB, but not picking again until the 4th round after pick 1.08 is going to kill your depth. And if that #4 pick gets hit by an injury, well you'll be in deep doo-doo.

Now if this were a rookie draft of an existing dynasty I'd go for it easily. But right now he'd most likely get the better of you and develop a killer team with 4 picks in rounds 2 & 3.