[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FM Transmitter/Modulators for MP3 Players

keggerz

Tried doing some research on Transmitters (wireless) and Modulators (wired)...at least that was what it sounded like to me and I think that the transmitter is the best option for me to go but seems like there are many shortcomings to the ones on the market...so I was hoping that if someone here used one them they could give their thoughts.

thanks

edit: has to work with a Sandisk Sansa MP3 player

Edited by keggerz

Around 3 years ago I researched iPod FM transmitters and bought one that had the best reviews from both users and experts. I think it was a Belkin, retailed for around $90 but I found a better deal online. It worked well at times, especially when it was new. When I traveled anywhere outside of my immediate area, it was too much of a pain to find an open frequency. It's not something you want to be messing around with when you're trying to drive. It got worse and worse over time, until I had to rest my hand on the thing for it to come in clearly no matter where I was.

Got tired of that and bought a Pioneer stereo that has an iPod dock. It took about an hour to install. Now I listen to Pandora in the truck a lot more than MP3s.

I think a lot has to do w/ how jammed the FM stations are in your area. In Chi and the burbs they are jammed big time so what few freqs are left they are full of static. I think they would work better in the boonies.

I have the Belkin one and it works great in the DC area, it seems that the lower FM frequencies aren't all that popular out here. Of course it is pretty much for emergencies only.