[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper Advice (Can Keep 3 Players)

xmwave

I am in a 10 team auction keeper league where we can keep up to 3 players. In our league it seems the average value for the top RB is $50 - $65. Right now i am leaning toward keeping Frank Gore, Roddy White, Shonn Green. I hate to give up Maurice Jones-Drew as i expect i will not be able to pick him up again.

what do you think? Thank you for your help and advice ahead of time.

Paid for

$$

40 QB Peyton Manning, Ind QB

60 RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jac RB

38 RB Frank Gore, SF RB

01 RB/WR Shonn Greene, NYJ RB

19 WR Marques Colston, NO WR

22 WR Roddy White, Atl WR

Rules:

Scoring Type Head to Head Points / PPR

Passing

Every 25 passing yards +1

TD Pass +6

Interceptions Thrown -2

2pt Passing Conversion +2

Sacked -1

Rushing

Every 10 rushing yards +1

TD Rush +6

2pt Rushing Conversion +2

Receiving

Every 10 receiving yards +1

Each reception +1

TD Reception +6

Receiving Conversion +2

Edited by xmwave

We have 200.00 to spend in the auction. This year there is not a penalty to keep players.

Player I know other teams will be keeping

Quarter Back

Aaron Rodgers, GB

Tony Romo, Dal

Matt Schaub, Hou

Philip Rivers, SD

Running Backs

Chris Johnson, Ten

Adrian Peterson, Min

Beanie Wells, Ari

Ray Rice, Bal

Cedric Benson, Cin

Knowshon Moreno, Den

Wide Receivers

Andre Johnson, Hou

Brandon Marshall, Mia

Miles Austin, Dal

Edited by xmwave

I deleted my previous post since it's not really helpful.

If there is no penatly for keeping players, then I'm not sure how I could see not keeping both MJD and Gore, both top 5 picks. So you're saying they cost you nothing extra to keep over Shonn Greene, and aren't included in your auction funds?

If that's the case, then again we would need to see lineup requirements to determine a 3rd keeper. If you can start a 3rd RB in your flex, then I'd take Greene too, but if you can only start 2 RBs then I roll with Roddy.

Edited by delusions of granduer

Delusions -

I am assuming the cost is the amount paid, which is standard in these kinds of leagues, thus MJD would cost 60 against the cap to keep while Greene only costs 1, thus, he can essentially keep Gore, Greene and White for little more in cap hit than just keeping MJD. Assuming this is true, then I would agree with xmwaves approach and let MJD go back as he does not really represent a value keep compared to the others. This gives him a top 5 RB, top 10 WR and a good upside) that costs 1 to build from.

If you went that route of keeping MJD, Gore and White, that's 60 percent of your cap on 3 players. Not knowing full lineup requirements, this is a high percentage to spend, even for the high caliber of players involved

Delusions -

I am assuming the cost is the amount paid, which is standard in these kinds of leagues, thus MJD would cost 60 against the cap to keep while Greene only costs 1, thus, he can essentially keep Gore, Greene and White for little more in cap hit than just keeping MJD. Assuming this is true, then I would agree with xmwaves approach and let MJD go back as he does not really represent a value keep compared to the others. This gives him a top 5 RB, top 10 WR and a good upside) that costs 1 to build from.

If you went that route of keeping MJD, Gore and White, that's 60 percent of your cap on 3 players. Not knowing full lineup requirements, this is a high percentage to spend, even for the high caliber of players involved

Ah, I'm obviously showing my ignorance about the auction formats. I even had to edit out a statement of mine about a first-round pick :wacko:. Should have just left it to the pros.

If that's the case, then I agree that Gore represents much better value at about 40 (20%). Man, then Shonn Greene is quite a good value, (especially if you can keep him at that price every year).

Edited by delusions of granduer

#1. You have to keep Shonne Green at $1, that is a done deal. So know you have keep 2 of the rest.

You can make a case for MJD being the best RB (min. top #3), and you have the chance to keep him at fair value. If you let him back into the auction, he may go higher, maybe lower, but you need to make the evalution of worth. He most likely will go $60-65. I would keep him as you have a great one,two punch with Greene and MJD. I then would keep a WR, either Roddy or Colston, they are very comparable in my opinion, but when it comes down to it, Matt Ryan has one more year of experiece and a healthy Turner will help to open up the pass. I'd keep R White, MJD and Shonne Green

You can start 3 RB so I'd keep MJD Gore and Greene. That's less than 1/2 your salary cap on potentially 3 top 10 RB that are all starters for your team. If you could only start 2 RB this might be a closer call but this year, with the crapshoot that RB are after the top 5, this is pretty much a no-brainer.