[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction Keeper Trade

With our keeper format I am able to keep Veron Davis, Forsett and D Driver. I have been offered L McCoy for V Davis which I believe is a very good deal but with McCoy's auction value from last year, I will only be able to keep 2 players instead of 3. Is the upside of McCoy (starting RB vs TE) great enough to lose a keeper? My keepers are not real flashy so I don't think it would hurt to bad!

Just to level the field for a moment, take the "keeper" part out of the mix ... in a redraft league, would you make either of the following trades?

- Davis+Forsett for McCoy

- Davis+Driver for McCoy

... perhaps an oversimplification, because the "keeper" nature of the league will certainly impact the overall value of all the players being discussed, but maybe the above exercise will give you a decision-making starting point.

Truth be told, we need more info here ... I'll assume that this is a TE required league ... but also impacting the trade/no trade decision would be starting lineup requirements (ie, how many flex positions if any, do you have to start 2 RBs or can you only start 1, how many WR starters must you field, etc) as well of a sense for what players will not be kept by other teams & thus available in the draft pool. Further, are there any special scoring rules to consider - ie, straight PPR, no PPR? Do TEs get "bonus" PPR? How long can "keepers" be kept & what are the salary cap considerations (I can see there are some based on your original post) in future seasons? Will McCoy cost you more next year than this year, and if so, how much more? Sounds like you may not be in playoff contention this season whether you make the trade or not (based on your "not flashy keepers" comment), so if you like McCoy & are willing to sacrifice Driver to get him (seeing as how Driver is getting a tad long in the tooth for an NFL starter although he is still producing) & build around McCoy this deal is certainly worth considering.

Anyways - lots of background info missing here that if provided, might help you get some better advice overall ... and I can't really offer any truly valuable suggestions w/o at least some of the info requested above ... but my gut response is that I'm not sure McCoy is "all that", while Davis impressed last year in terms of overall production as well as consistency ... so you might want to think this one over.

I was trying to keep it simple but I guess it never is with FF. We start 2 RB, 2WR, TE, Flex (WR,RB) and another flex (WR,TE). It is a .5ppr leagues with everything else being standard. 1pt 10 yrds, 6pt TD's. We are only allowed to keep players for last yrs purchase price plus $5. Max of 3 players kept and the grand total has to be under $20. So basicly it's the players starting the season with little value and ended up surprising that are valuable. There will be plenty of players still available. My main reason for wanting McCoy is he is a starting RB and there will be no TE kept except Davis since he went undrafted so only has a $1 value. Also our keepers only count $10 total against our cap no matter what their value is this year. McCoy's value this year is $5 more than Davis so it is like adding $5 more to bid with. Players can only be kept 2 years so unless you get luck and landed Rice or Austin for a $1 you won't be keeping them more than a yr. Hope this helps!

Well - since you must start 2 RB (can start 3) and currently have none unless you consider Forsett a FF starter, the deal for McCoy seems a little more attractive. A wrench in the works is that you also must start 1 TE (can start 2) but since you mention that Davis will be the only TE not available in the draft, that seems like less of a concern. I'd expect that if you drop Driver, you might be able to get him back for a reasonable cap cost via the draft if you are so inclined. Given that you don't have much to work with as a starting point anyways, the deal seems reasonable for you assuming that I followed the salary cap / keeper rules correctly as per your description above.

Edited by ts

I would actually keep Davis belive it or not.. Your gonna get an elite scorer at the position.. Taking a shot in the dark (without knowing your league and rosters ect) im wondering how much more of a $$ value will mccoy go off at as opposed to what his keeper price would be for you... I dont think his $$ goes thru the roof or anything... Plus, Mccoy hasnt proved anything, Weaver is still there and they will probably pass 60% of the time.. I would much rather keep Davis, and have the extra $$ to spend at the auction.. You could always rebid on Mccoy if the other team doesnt keep him, or spend the money on one of the rookie backs...

I would actually keep Davis belive it or not.. Your gonna get an elite scorer at the position.. Taking a shot in the dark (without knowing your league and rosters ect) im wondering how much more of a $$ value will mccoy go off at as opposed to what his keeper price would be for you... I dont think his $$ goes thru the roof or anything... Plus, Mccoy hasnt proved anything, Weaver is still there and they will probably pass 60% of the time.. I would much rather keep Davis, and have the extra $$ to spend at the auction.. You could always rebid on Mccoy if the other team doesnt keep him, or spend the money on one of the rookie backs...

I totally agree with Scare Tactics on this one. As an Eagles fan I'm not "excited" about McCoy and Vernon is a stud!