[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pre-Draft trade advice

OK... I have a trade on the board that I am considering. Here are the detals.

We have a keeper league that allows us to maintain a portion of our roster annually.

I am getting Aaron Rodgers FOR Roddy White, Austin Miles, and Brent Celek.

I still will have Greg Jennings and Calvin Johnson to start my WR Corp and Jermichael Finley as a TE... and with the #5 pick I will likely get Andre Johnson.

NO BRAINER??? :wacko:

*sigh*

how many do you get to keep?!

If you could keep Roddy, Miles, -and- Celek along with Jennings, CJ and Finley, then that's a horrible trade. If you can only keep four, good trade.

Well... I could BUT I have other positions I'm keeping too...

IF I make the trade then I would be keeping: Chris Johnson, Ryan Grant, Beanie Wells, Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Aaron Rodgers, Jermaichael Finley, then Clay Matthews and Elvis Dumervil on Defense.

IF NO TRADE then I'll keep Chris Johnson, Ryan Grant, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White , Miles Austin, Matt Stafford , Jermaichael Finley, then Clay Matthews and Elvis Dumervil on Defense.

Either way I want to keep a spot open for Andre Johnson at the #5 pick...

Like Opie said, the details determine if the trade is worth it.

How many can you keep? Are there costs (ie draft pick forfeitures) associated with the keepers? What are lineup requirements? (I am assuming that if AJ is available in the draft, there must be some sort of restriction on keepers)

Opie's basic statement about if you could keep those guys then bad trade, if not, then not that bad a deal, especially if Jennings has a good year.

Only concern would be your RB position, as you have none, are keeping none, and if AJ is out there probably won't be selecting one until the 2nd round of your draft at the earliest.

Like Opie said, the details determine if the trade is worth it.

How many can you keep? Are there costs (ie draft pick forfeitures) associated with the keepers? What are lineup requirements? (I am assuming that if AJ is available in the draft, there must be some sort of restriction on keepers)

Opie's basic statement about if you could keep those guys then bad trade, if not, then not that bad a deal, especially if Jennings has a good year.

Only concern would be your RB position, as you have none, are keeping none, and if AJ is out there probably won't be selecting one until the 2nd round of your draft at the earliest.

How our keeper system works: any DRAFTED player move up 3 slots from original draft slot. Free agents are determined by when they are picked up and how many starts they make. Better value for players used more. Then we are allowed too retain a player selected in our 3 round IR draft after the active player draft is done. If that player IS NOT activated then they sit as a 29th round (last round) pick.

All of my keepers qualify 14th round or later. Aaron Rodgers qualifies at 20 and I could continue to keep him beyond this year. If I keep 9 I can only keep 6 of them next year. So my idea is that I'll still be able to keep Rodgers, Chris Johnson, Calvin johnson, Greg Jennings, Jermichael Finley, and one other guy. I'll have 3 new free agents (potentially) and an IR selection to keep as well.

So the way I see it is I get my #1 QB... still have the #1 RB and a top 10... 2 top 10 WR's... a top 5 TE and 2 sack guys. Ill likely get Andre Johnson (#1 WR) at #5 and get a RB in round 2... possibly someone like Matthews or Mendenhall unless someone drops into my lap.

I won't be able to keep em all next year so getting Rodgers would get me a top QB to build with while I have chips to offer... that I might lose next year anyway with roster limits.

Given the fact that you have better/comparable guys to keep, this doesn't seem like a terrible deal (though still seems alot to give another team, depending on who their keepers are), but aren't you being a bit optimistic that you'll be able to land both AJ at #5 and Matthews or Mendenhall in the second round?

If this was redraft/startup, then that's about right for their draft value, but I would think those guys would be bonafied keepers, and would surely not slip that far with that many keepers removed from the pool.

I dont understand how A.Johnson is not being kept? You keep so many, and are keeping guys like Finley, But AJ is not someones keeper?

Anyway, If your a LOCK to get AJ then I guess you could figure it to work in your favor... I have no clu if this is PPR or not, but if it was PPR, Id keep all those recievers, and not keep Stafford & maybe get a shot to redraft him.. I mean your telling me you have Calvin/Roddy/AM/Jennings that you can keep along with CJ and Grant?

Edited by Scare Tactics