[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

better valup pick

Wow, I'm surprised people are this high on Beanie. Didn't Hightower get goalline carries? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly thrilled with Addai, but when you consider a 5th rounder for Addai vs. a 3rd rounder for Beanie (in a 10 team league no less), I think it's closer than most of you guys are letting on. Plus, just taking the respective teams into consideration, I'd be worried about the Cards' offense moving the ball with Leinart there. Addai has the lead back role barring injury, even if it becomes like a 60-40 split with Donald Brown. I must say I think Addai is a better value for a 5th round pick vs. Beanie for a 3rd rounder. You might be able to draft Beanie in the 3rd anyway but there's a lesser change that Addai is there in the 5th.

Wow, I'm surprised people are this high on Beanie. Didn't Hightower get goalline carries? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly thrilled with Addai, but when you consider a 5th rounder for Addai vs. a 3rd rounder for Beanie (in a 10 team league no less), I think it's closer than most of you guys are letting on. Plus, just taking the respective teams into consideration, I'd be worried about the Cards' offense moving the ball with Leinart there. Addai has the lead back role barring injury, even if it becomes like a 60-40 split with Donald Brown. I must say I think Addai is a better value for a 5th round pick vs. Beanie for a 3rd rounder. You might be able to draft Beanie in the 3rd anyway but there's a lesser change that Addai is there in the 5th.

Good points I have also considered - I have limited keeper potential this year cause I sold off my studs for picks - I am also keeping B Marshall for a seventh round pick. I would start with Wells in the thrd, Marshall in the seventh and I have the 1.3, 2.5, 2.8 and 3.3 picks to grab a stud running back, a second stud receiver and a very good QB. I'm leaning toward taking a shot that the end of last year trend with Beannie getting the rock more and more continues. Plus except for against Minny - he seems to have a pretty decent rushing schedule. Is 100 yards a game and 6-8 scores out of the question??

Good points I have also considered - I have limited keeper potential this year cause I sold off my studs for picks - I am also keeping B Marshall for a seventh round pick. I would start with Wells in the thrd, Marshall in the seventh and I have the 1.3, 2.5, 2.8 and 3.3 picks to grab a stud running back, a second stud receiver and a very good QB. I'm leaning toward taking a shot that the end of last year trend with Beannie getting the rock more and more continues. Plus except for against Minny - he seems to have a pretty decent rushing schedule. Is 100 yards a game and 6-8 scores out of the question??

OK, so I've researched and pondered some more...

Arizona was 28th in rushing offense last year and was last in the league in rushing attempts. They averaged an okay 4.1 YPA and 16 rushing TDs. With Warner gone, the assumption is that they will turn to a more run oriented attack, and if their YPA maintains or even increases a little, there is good potential for Beanie and Hightower. We're speculating on Beanie's role in all of this, but we can feel certain he won't be involved in the passing game much, and the precedent is there for Hightower to potentially get some of the goalline work. The other caveat to the Cards' offense is Leinart / Derek Anderson. Can either of these guys play consistently enough to keep defenses honest?

Indy was dead last in rushing offense with a paltry 3.5 YPA, and they were next to last in attempts (one more than Arizona). They also had 16 rushing TDs. Plus Addai's role may also change, and the Colts are going to want to see what they've got in Donald Brown. There's no question. But veterans are usually innocent until proven guiilty, meaning coaches will generally stick with the vets unless the vet isn't getting it done. Addai's YPC hasn't exactly been stellar, so I can see the concern with thinking that Brown could prove more effective and, thus, carve out enough of a role to effectively nullify Addai's value. But despite that, I would be genuinely surprised to see Brown dethrone Addai barring injury to Addai. And I don't question Indy's ability to move down the field and score points.

So it comes down to this... Both teams have poor rushing attacks, but perhaps Arizona's will improve out of necessity. Then again, the QB situation might let defenses put 8 in the box. Indy's offense probably won't change. They'll throw the ball. Addai should keep the feature back role barring injury, but maybe work down to a 60/40 or 55/45 type split. So maybe that means take 75% of his numbers from last year. That's 850-950 total yds and 9-10 TDs. I'm comfortable with those estimates. Beanie himself had over 900 total yards last year alone and 7 TDs.

So having chewed on all of this, I can see why people might favor Beanie. Addai's ceiling (if Brown stays healthy, and you have to make your projections under the assumption that everyone stays healthy) has to be lower than last year's numbers, since Brown was injured part of the year. 1100 total yards, 11 TDs maybe? Where does Wells go from his 900 and 7? It certainly depends largely on how effective the offense is post Warner. With their easier schedule, I can see why there's optimism. I guess I feel like there is a lot more variance in Beanie's numbers and that you can better anticipate what you'll get from Addai. But who knows? Still, something bothers me about Beanie. Maybe it's his reputation for not playing through injury when he was at Ohio State. I watched my fair share of games... Just not sold that he's going to breakout and relegate Hightower to 3rd down work only.

Awesome points MT. You actually had me convinced before that Addai could actually be the better value for a fifth round pick, but again that blasted "logic" gets in the way.

I'm still with you though, as far as preferring not to even bother drafting him... Maybe it's the resentment that I still have for the "experts" ranking Beanie ahead of Knowshon before the 2009 draft, but I just don't see anything that special about him, other than size, and presently situation, I guess :wacko: