[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ or AP?

jackets77

Realistically, I don't think you can go wrong. CJ probably has a higher ceiling based on what we saw him do last year, but, we've also seen a history of backs getting that kind of use wearing down the following season. AP is probably the safest bet of the likely top 4 backs.. Mr. Consistent.

AP's catches keep going up every year, he had 43 last year, I think. If Favre is there, AP may be a safer pick.

Its almost a push IF AP can hold on to the ball!!!. I still think CJ here.

Thanks for your replies....how do you guys think Farve's pending retirement (if true) affects this? Do you think AP is worth more or less without Farve? I never thought having the 1st pick in the draft would be this confusing...Leaning towards CJ a little as of now, but AP might be the more 'safer' consistent pick...thoughts?

I have the 1st pick in my league this year and I'm taking CJ2K. Favre or not, I still like CJ2K better than AP. If Favre decides to retire, I think that would hurt AP's numbers. The defense will key on him.

In this format, I agree that CJ is the pick. Like BC wrote, one cannot go wrong either way. However, I am not sure I agree with your AP reasoning...he was a terrific player before Favre got there and regardless of who his QB was, so I do not see that as a reason for his numbers going down.