[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rank my Draft / Team

burton

Picking late in the draft this year is rough. There's such a big drop after the first 7 players, IMO. Maybe drop isn't the best word, unknown seems more appropriate. I just don't feel good about any of the next 6 or 7 backs after Turner. Normally I wouldn't like your first round pick of ARogers, but this year I think it's a good pick. I was in a similar spot (#10 in a 10 teamer) and I took 2 WR's. I don't like the D-Will pick, simply because it seems to have backed you into a corner and forced you to take Stew so early. The real value in the Car backfield is when one of them is hurt. When that's the case the healthy back is top 5 easy. I like your Ricky pick, and feel that he will be starting in one of your RB spots, at least early in the season. I think he's beeing undervalued this year. I'm not in love with your WR's. Boldin should be solid, but I like Sims-Walker more as upside depth than having to depend on him and his bad knees to be a starter all year. I like Felix Jones, but he's going to be inconsistent playing in that Dallas 3-headed monster backfield. Overall I will give your team a B-.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Ya I did a few mocks and in both I selected Rogers first. I did pick Stewart earlier than I wanted just cause of D Will but I like having both for sure. I agree about my WR's, I'll have to review the whole draft and see what I could have done better.

Thanks a lot for the input.

BTW here is the first 3 rounds:

Round 1

1 Johnson, Chris RB

2 Peterson, Adrian RB

3 Jones-Drew, Maurice RB

4 Gore, Frank RB

5 Rice, Ray RB

6 Turner, Michael RB

7 Johnson, Andre WR

8 Moss, Randy WR

9 Brees, Drew QB

10 Rodgers, Aaron QB

11 Manning, Peyton QB

12 Jackson, Steven RB

Round 2

1 Mendenhall, Rashard RB

2 Wayne, Reggie WR

3 Williams, DeAngelo RB

4 Benson, Cedric RB

5 Grant, Ryan RB

6 Austin, Miles WR

7 Schaub, Matt QB

8 Fitzgerald, Larry WR

9 Johnson, Calvin WR

10 Romo, Tony QB

11 Brady, Tom QB

12 White, Roddy WR

Round 3

1 Rivers, Philip QB

2 Greene, Shonn RB

3 Marshall, Brandon WR

4 Charles, Jamaal RB

5 Mathews, Ryan RB SD

6 Jackson, DeSean WR

7 McCoy, LeSean RB

8 Addai, Joseph RB

9 Rice, Sidney WR

10 Stewart, Jonathan RB

11 Moreno, Knowshon RB

12 Colston, Marques WR

Edited by burton

What strange scoring rule do you have in place that would trigger teams to take 7 QBs in the first 25 picks?

Given what you have told us about the league, I would likely have passed on QB in the first and gone a different route, but with 7 of the first 25, there is probably something missing from the initial post that would skew the opinion.

What strange scoring rule do you have in place that would trigger teams to take 7 QBs in the first 25 picks?

Given what you have told us about the league, I would likely have passed on QB in the first and gone a different route, but with 7 of the first 25, there is probably something missing from the initial post that would skew the opinion.

It's my first year on CBS Sports, just standard scoring. I don't think it's anything special.

Taking Stewart instead of Knowshon was a mistake IMO. Because now when Carolina plays a really good defense, both of your RBs will suffer. Plus Knowshon is going to make a decent leap forward this year. And even if you were adamant that you wanted to lock up the CAR running game, I probably would have taken Colston at 3.10 as a more reliable WR1, then hoped Stewart was there at 4.03.

So your running game lives and dies with he Panthers, but Felix Jones could pan out nicely. Your WRs are decent but nothing special. Boldin is an unknown, but he is moving from a team who was dead last in rushing attempts (ARZ) to a team with a top 5 rushing attack, so opportunities overall could be fewer, but he does have the upside to get the lion's share of red zone targets. Sims Walker, if he stays healthy, was one of Garrard's favorites in the red zone too, so not bad there even though I kind of prefer him more as a WR3.

Ricky Williams may prove to be pretty valuable to you, but if he starts the year off hot, I'd trade him for more WR depth, because you really have very little behind Boldin and Sims Walker, and those guys both have some health concerns. Maybe you luck out and one of those WRs you took late pans out, but you can't count on it. Overall, you did well to get a stud QB and wrap up both RBs on a great running team (value to start both, and you don't lose out if one gets hurt really), but nothing too special at WR or TE (Zach Miller in the 8th, how many TEs were off the board when that happened???). Some upside though.