[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

4 Keeper League advice

Hi there

I'm in a 13 team 4 keeper league. I have a great team, but I'm having a tough time deciding on who to drop or who to keep. I figure it would be between these 5. Who's the odd man out here and who would you keep or drop.

Payton Manning

DeAngelo Williams

Steven Jackson

Shonn Greene

Larry Fitzgerald.

Like to hear your thoughts. :wacko:

In addition to suggesting trying to do a 2 for 1 prior to declarations, would need to know lineup reqs, scoring system and if there are any costs associated with keepers, as well as when you pick and who you expect to be the top available players.

It'll probably be between Peyton and Greene as far as who to drop, unless you are really high on Greene and down on SJax or DWill.

It all depends on your scoring structure and at what cost to keep each of these if any. If there is no cost and you will draft 1 through 15 (example) then I might opt to let Fitz go (that's because I thin he's a wildcard this year) or maybe package Fitz and SJax for a more stable back like Rice or I could almost guarantee you could get Wells.

Well, the scoring system is pretty much like most. And pretty even between the positions. As for the cost. We don't have a cost for picking up or dropping. As for trading. I would have declare my keepers in a week or so. Before I can offer any trades before our draft.

Well, the scoring system is pretty much like most.

Define - no such thing as a "standard" system. Is it 6 pts for all TDs, or 4 pts for passing, something different. Is it 1 pt per 25 for passing, 1 pt per 50, or something different. Is it 1 pt per 10 for rush/receiving or 1 per 20? Is it PPR?

And pretty even between the positions.

Define? Points scored doesn;t affect value, i is the difference in scoring within the position, thus the question about lineup requirements. How many required RBs and WRs, are there any flex spots, can you use a QB in the flex.

As for the cost. We don't have a cost for picking up or dropping.

The question is if there is a cost associated with keepers, such as draft pick forfeiture, etc.

As for trading. I would have declare my keepers in a week or so. Before I can offer any trades before our draft.

Bummer, kills the advantage of having a quality 5th keeper option.

Also, would help to know when you pick and who you expect the top available players to be when you pick.

You back pedal as well as Dominique Foxworth (too soon?).

Basically, if he can start 3 RBs, then I'm not sure I could suggest keeping Manning over Greene. If he can only start 2 RBs, then the suggestion would be for Manning to be kept. However, if the expectation is that no other QBs will be kept, he has the 4th pick, can only start 2 RBs, then I'd still reccomend tossing Manning back and keeping Greene for RB depth as gettin Manning or an equivalent QB in the draft is a lock. If it is a 2 QB league or QB is flex eligible, then it is easy to suggest keeping Manning.

You already know the 4 vs 6 passing TDs is a minimal factor, the statement was included to further illustrate that there is no such thing as a "standard" scoring system.

Ya, sorry.... Passing 1 for 25

Rushing 1 for 10

Rec 1 for 7

We also get yardage points.

14 teams, and 4 new teams that will have to pick they're 4 each before the real draft.

Guess the questinon is , Do I keep a QB and go with the whole 2 RB's and 1 WR (Fitz). or to do I set myself up for RB and keep QB, or do I drop the QB and hope to get someone decent , and have your Running game set and a top ten WR in Fitz.

What do you think?

We still would need to know the lineup requirements, as well as where you pick, but if I'm hearing you correctly, then all 4 of the new owners will be taking a total of 16 keeper picks prior to the draft starting? 14x4 = 56... That's a chunk of studs off the board.

Either way, then I think you should keep Manning, since I'd doubt you'll find as good of a QB at your picks, and I think you should take Fitz either way to ensure a top WR. As for the RBs, how much do you value winning now, as opposed to residual (future) value?

I've gone back and forth on this few times, but it really is up to you. SJax and Dwill are more proven, but Greene has less miles and good upside on a run-first team. Purely a preference call.

But if you start 3 RBs, then I might change my mind about keeping Manning, since all of those RBs have a higher ADP than Manning and could be more valuable. So just as always, we need that piece to give good advice here.

Edited by delusions of granduer

We still would need to know the lineup requirements, as well as where you pick, but if I'm hearing you correctly, then all 4 of the new owners will be taking a total of 16 keeper picks prior to the draft starting? 14x4 = 56... That's a chunk of studs off the board.

Either way, then I think you should keep Manning, since I'd doubt you'll find as good of a QB at your picks, and I think you should take Fitz either way to ensure a top WR. As for the RBs, how much do you value winning now, as opposed to residual (future) value?

I've gone back and forth on this few times, but it really is up to you. SJax and Dwill are more proven, but Greene has less miles and good upside on a run-first team. Purely a preference call.

But if you start 3 RBs, then I might change my mind about keeping Manning, since all of those RBs have a higher ADP than Manning and could be more valuable. So just as always, we need that piece to give good advice here.

Sounds like delusions and I are on the same page here. Only difference is I believe it is 4 teams taking 4 picks (16 total, not 56) before the draft begins. Lineup reqs are the key factor here IMO.

Thanks guys

Ya, So there will be 4 new teams that will pick 4 players each. (unless last second we change to a 3 keeper). We do the reg. lineup numbers. 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1K and 1D

So I guess I'm wondering. Do I keep Manning, who you pretty much guaranteed to have a top 3 QB all season with out Injury. Or do you leave him off the lineup , hopping you get a top 8 QB when the draft starts?

Or do I keep all 3 RB's and have alot of depth in that part. And give up on Fritz and hope there will be enough WR in the first two rounds?

Or there is another option. I do the normal keeper. Manning , Jackson, Williams, and Fritz. Same as I did last year. But then I might be giving up on a great RB in Green (plus I'm a big Jets fan).

So ya, I'm alittle up in the air here. Any more suggestions?