[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Solar Storm to knock us off the grid?

Avernus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You said:

So if you acknowledge the weather is warming but solar activity is only now beginning then how is it warming the earth?

AGAIN, what have you read regarding your original post and can you link it? It's becoming clear that you're simply being vague and dodging the question after several replies.

Read up on 2012 and you will learn. Everyone makes it out to be this end of the world, Armageddon type deal. The earth's life is a cycle.

The sun has everything to do with it and causes all kinds of problems with volcanic activity, earthquake activity, flooding, storms, sinkholes, etc.

Quit being lazy and read up on it for yourself. There is too much information to post everything. If you dont want to do the research, then quit being an ass about it.

Im not dodging anything. I dont have all the info saved. You can easily google the info yourself.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle-Exo...ystems-collapse

And I never said "solar activity is just now beginning". What I said was the earth/sun are on cycles. 2012 is supposed to mark the end and beginning of a grand cycle. Again, dont worry about what I say, read the info yourself.

Quit being lazy and read up on it for yourself. There is too much information to post everything. If you dont want to do the research, then quit being an ass about it.

Im not dodging anything. I dont have all the info saved. You can easily google the info yourself.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2912-Seattle-Exo...ystems-collapse

And I never said "solar activity is just now beginning". What I said was the earth/sun are on cycles. 2012 is supposed to mark the end and beginning of a grand cycle. Again, dont worry about what I say, read the info yourself.

Here's the thing peep, first off you should drop the name calling simply becausd I'm asking poitned questions while trying to NOT put words in your mouth, a la this:

And I never said "solar activity is just now beginning"
because in fact, if you google 2012 solar activity you get reams of claims about an 11 year cycle. You said you'd post a link and while waiting I found tons of things that said just that.

Now you've posted a link which in a reading tells a lot. First off, the author of that interpretation of the NASA report is on record as believing in extra dimensional portals in the Northwest US. So, I'm going to be skeptical as to how he has interpeted the report. A full version is available online for free and clicking on the link in his article takes you to this page: http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=12507

Going to the "way forward" chapter (skim) brings up this interesting tidbit:

From page 87...

... argued that attention should focus first not on prediction, but on mitigation -- on construction of hardened infrastructure able to continue operations without interruptions straight through severe space weather events. For electric power delivery, satellite operations, and other core systems, he claimed, extended service interruptions are unacceptable: hardened systems are essential.

Reading through it tells us this: it's a problem that doesn't run in set cycles that are necessarily is predictable. In short, people are using the 2012 fascination to drive for web hits, etc when most of the predictive claims of a 2012 cataclysm have no merit. They are simply vague, scientific pseudo-babble that invoke 14 letter words in an attempt to sound good. That whole 'methane explosion' paper that made the rounds about a month ago in fact talked about a geological era that never existed but is sure had a serious sounding name.