[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who Should Be My Keeper?

Qdaddyo

Here's how the keeper works in our league. An owner can keep one player drafted in the 6th round or beyond for the upcoming season provided he has stayed on the roster all season. If the owner chooses to keep a player, they forfeit their pick in the round the player was originally drafted in the following year's draft.

Here are my options:

Felix Jones (7th round)

Jerome Harrison (14th round)

Thoughts on who I should keep?

Sorry to further "Muck" up the issue, but I will cast my lot for Jones.

His ADP is currently 53. You did not mention if you were in a 10 or 12 team league, but assuming 12, that's mid 5th round value for a 7th round pick. I will take that any day over Harrison who has an ADP of 103 (late 8th round, which is a larger spread from your 14th round pick), and plays on an unsettled offensive team. Even with Barber and Choice in Dallas, Felix Jones can produce better numbers, and significantly better numbers than Harrison.

Just my 2 cents but, like Opie, I am not a HUGH fan of either option.

It's a 12 team league. Major emphasis on QB's since it's a unique scoring system. I hate the system, but it's my family league so I'm stuck with it.

1 pt./yd pass/catch/rush

25 pts./TD pass/catch/rush

As you can see from the setup, QB's and top RB's go very quickly in the 1st round.

Here are my list of potential keepers:

6 Donald Brown

7 Felix Jones

11 Kellen Winslow

14 Jerome Harrison

16 Bernard Scott

Not very flattering. Although last year, my keeper was Chris Johnson in the 9th round :wacko:

Can't say I am thrilled by either option. I think Jones is likely to have a better season and giving up a 7th for him is fair value. Harrison is in a much iffier situation IMO, but the cost for him is minimal, so I could see a strong argument for going for the homerun hit with him.

IMO, this is literally a coin flip, I think a bigger part of me is saying swing for the fences with Harrison right now.

ETA: Looking at the other options, I think Brown is a better back than the two you mentioned but I don't see a great value improvement in the choice of taking him for a 6th compared to the others. Winslow is a possibility assuming it is a TE required league. At least then you would be locking in a guy that should be about top 6-8 with top 4 potential at his position for an 11th rounder.

Edited by Big Country