[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advice on trade, Moreno or Grant for WR

burton

I currently have 3 RB's: Gore, Grant and Moreno in a standard NON-PPR league which starts 2 RB's 2 WR's and one Flex RB/WR (I don't have much depth after those 3).

I'm looking at trading Moreno away for a good WR and am wondering what sort of player I can expect in return. I have Grant as well if it helps getting a better WR and keeping Moreno for my 2nd RB.

Current WR's, S Smith (CAR), L Evans, D Mason, R Meachem, D Thomas.

FULL TEAM

BTW my intention with my draft originally was to start all 3 RB's, which I thought was a good idea. But am having doubts now and thought maybe I should trade one to get a better WR on my team.

Edited by burton

In light of the fact that Moreno is dinged up already, I would think that unless you find someone who has his head in the mud, you will receive less than full value for him. My opinion would be to wait on him and hope he becomes this season what we all hope he will be (a top 10 - 15 back) and then you can move him for a WR if you so choose. Personally, I'd see who emerges as a #2 WR and grab them off waivers rather than trade one of those three.

Edit to add: I see that you took Moreno in Round 3 ahead of Calvin Johnson and Colston. If your intent was to play all three why not run with it now? You most likely would not get either of those two by trading Moreno now.

In light of the fact that Moreno is dinged up already, I would think that unless you find someone who has his head in the mud, you will receive less than full value for him. My opinion would be to wait on him and hope he becomes this season what we all hope he will be (a top 10 - 15 back) and then you can move him for a WR if you so choose. Personally, I'd see who emerges as a #2 WR and grab them off waivers rather than trade one of those three.

Edit to add: I see that you took Moreno in Round 3 ahead of Calvin Johnson and Colston. If your intent was to play all three why not run with it now? You most likely would not get either of those two by trading Moreno now.

Ya I should have grabbed one of those guys. I may just have to roll with 3 like I originally intended to do, not a bad thing though IMO.

Non-PPR league I stick with what yo have, and hope your WRs outperform their ADP and scour the waiver wire in the early weeks for WR help. The good news is that Smith, Mason and Evans, if they perform at thier norms, are serviceable and could fill in nicely while you see if Meachem or Thomas (either Devin or Demaryius) step up and become legit WR1 or 2s