[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA 2011

kpholmes

I'm normally all over both of EA's football games, but I've been so busy this year I haven't read a thing. Was at Target yesterday and saw Tebow on the cover... decided I'd gather some opinions before dropping $60 on it.

Anyone have it? Played it? Thoughts?

I have it and like it a lot. They didnt change a whole heck of a lot from last year but there are definately some tweaks. It is easier to control your runner. The juke depends on how fast you are running so the body control is much more realistic. It also easier to run than in years past as pulling blockers actually get through the hole and hit someone. Its a little harder to pass because linebackers can now jump way too high in the air and make crazy plays on the ball but interceptions are down. Lots of dropped balls. But they needed to do something because it was too easy to pass last year. Fumbles and facemasks are down from last year which is good. More missed tackles if you are going for the strip which I think is more realistic.

All in all I would recommend it. Its not a hugh change from last year but enough was done for me to justify the purchase.

So, can I use either Madden 11, NBA2K11 or some other game as a strong enough argument to convince my wife it is okay for me to get a PS3?

She gives me grief for not using the Wii much, but that is for the kids, a man can only play so much Mario Kart and Lego Star Wars. I think convincing her that setting it up in our room and steraming Netflix through it is argument enough, but it is a battle I have yet to win.

So, can I use either Madden 11, NBA2K11 or some other game as a strong enough argument to convince my wife it is okay for me to get a PS3?

She gives me grief for not using the Wii much, but that is for the kids, a man can only play so much Mario Kart and Lego Star Wars. I think convincing her that setting it up in our room and steraming Netflix through it is argument enough, but it is a battle I have yet to win.

Madden is worth buying, yes.

Use that + Netflix + BluRay to convince her.