[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Auction feature for dynasty leagues

Henry Muto

Does anyone here belong to a dynasty league where you have a free agent auction for players in the offseason ?

I will need to use this feature next year but I am unsure how much of a time frame I will need to set aside to get this done.

It looks to me like this could take an entire month or longer to do.

If you use the system how many players are put up at once for bid ? Would every team putting up 1 player a day make sense ? Or every team puts up 1 player then all teams bid on those 12 players and when all bids are done they put up another 12 players ?

Unless there is a better way to do it my understanding is everytime there is a new high bidder the auction reverts back to the original starting time like 24 hours or whatever it was. This could take weeks to finish 1 bidding session.

Maybe there is a good system to use I don't know about.

... Or every team puts up 1 player then all teams bid on those 12 players and when all bids are done they put up another 12 players ?

I can't speak from personal online auction experience, but it seems to me that the above approach is not ideal ... if there are 12 players up for grabs all at once, how do you know if you want to "up" your prior bid on player #3 (for example) when the bidding is still simultaneously ongoing for player #7, who you are also interested in? If however, you mean 12 players are nominated for bidding in one "batch", then the bidding proceeds on each player one at a time (ie, bids open on player 1 only, then when he's "sold", bids open up on player 2 and so on until all 12 nominated players have been bought - then the next batch of 12 is nominated?) this idea makes a little more sense to me.

No matter how you slice it, I don't know that you can allow much more than 1/2 day open bidding on each player nominated (which of course requires active owners) or as you say, the auction will take a long time to be completed.