[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shonne Greene or Ryan Matthews?

Cranosaur

Hi guys I have draft spot #8 in a 12 man money league 0.5 ppr typical 10yards per 1 point for both rbs and wrs 25yards for 1 point for qbs 6pt td for all positions QB RB RB WR WR RB/WR TE D K 16 picks.

Now my designated pick would be Sjax (or Gore/Turner if they skip for SJAX or go QB) but 95% I'm going Sjax for 1st pick.

On my comeback pick I'm gonna go RB for 2nd pick since the scarcity of Rbs in todays league and my plan according to my cheat sheet and from constant mock drafting is to go RB for my 1st 3 picks.

My big question is.........Shonne Green or Ryan Matthews for 2nd pick?

My own cheat sheet has Jamal Charles ranked ahead of both these guys no.9 vs 10.Matthews and 16.Greene in RB rankings but from all the mock drafts I did Charles went way below where I had him ranked like he would go on the late 2nd/early 3rd so my plan was to pick Sjax,go Matthews or Greene than go P.Thomas OR there might be a slight possibility that Charles might fall to me at the 3rd pick beleive it or not about a 40% chance so that's why I'm skipping Charles as a 2nd pick.

Now to the question by value I have both Greene and Matthews ranked the exact same 50 mvp vs 51 mvp and if I pick one the other one will get picked immediately no doubt.

Greene would be my homer pick since I'm from NJ and he is in a run heavy offense but he has a big goalline vulture in LT,Matthews is a rookie in a 50/50 pass run offense which he will get many goalline touches and some catches according to training camp reports and Nov Turner's words himself.So Greene will get a crapload of yardage but Matthews will get more TDs but slightly less yardage so Im so split between the two.

Who would you guys prefer and why?

BTW I didnt do a forum search on this subject so please forgive me if someone else made a post like this,thank you.

Hi guys I have draft spot #8 in a 12 man money league 0.5 ppr typical 10yards per 1 point for both rbs and wrs 25yards for 1 point for qbs 6pt td for all positions QB RB RB WR WR RB/WR TE D K 16 picks.

Now my designated pick would be Sjax (or Gore/Turner if they skip for SJAX or go QB) but 95% I'm going Sjax for 1st pick.

On my comeback pick I'm gonna go RB for 2nd pick since the scarcity of Rbs in todays league and my plan according to my cheat sheet and from constant mock drafting is to go RB for my 1st 3 picks.

My big question is.........Shonne Green or Ryan Matthews for 2nd pick?

My own cheat sheet has Jamal Charles ranked ahead of both these guys no.9 vs 10.Matthews and 16.Greene in RB rankings but from all the mock drafts I did Charles went way below where I had him ranked like he would go on the late 2nd/early 3rd so my plan was to pick Sjax,go Matthews or Greene than go P.Thomas OR there might be a slight possibility that Charles might fall to me at the 3rd pick beleive it or not about a 40% chance so that's why I'm skipping Charles as a 2nd pick.

Now to the question by value I have both Greene and Matthews ranked the exact same 50 mvp vs 51 mvp and if I pick one the other one will get picked immediately no doubt.

Greene would be my homer pick since I'm from NJ and he is in a run heavy offense but he has a big goalline vulture in LT,Matthews is a rookie in a 50/50 pass run offense which he will get many goalline touches and some catches according to training camp reports and Nov Turner's words himself.So Greene will get a crapload of yardage but Matthews will get more TDs but slightly less yardage so Im so split between the two.

Who would you guys prefer and why?

BTW I didnt do a forum search on this subject so please forgive me if someone else made a post like this,thank you.

I've done TONS of mocks and both Matthews and Greene have been out in the first round on average. If both available i'd leave on Ryan Matthews, however if it was me, I would take a WR, or Ryan Grant

I would go with Matthews. With Vjax out for the first few games, it will give him a good chance to get a large number of carries right off the bat. SD also has the 4th ranked schedule against most fantasy points allowed to RBs and NYJ is at 23. Greene also as you mentioned has LT who he will have to split carries with. Sanchez is indeed getting better although I don't like him, and bringing in Holmes along with Cotchery, Edwards, and Keller will definitely make them split their receiving and run game.

I've done TONS of mocks and both Matthews and Greene have been out in the first round on average. If both available i'd leave on Ryan Matthews, however if it was me, I would take a WR, or Ryan Grant

True but I know for a fact my friends aka my league mates after me for example #.9 is gonna most likely go Aaron Rogers,#10 is going either Drew Brees or Reggie Wayne,#11 is gonna go take what #10 didn't take and #12 is gonna take Randy Moss.Now on their comebacks I'm thinking from doing 2 leagues with them in the past might most likely pick up a QB or WR and I am most likely sure DeAnge is gonna be picked up before me somewhere whatever #12 decides to go (Moss or Deange or both) but I am confident that 11,10 and 9 are not gonna go RB since they are going to go WR or QB to compliment their 1st picks (who are QB's and WR's) but I can rest assure you their 1st pick WON'T be these 2 guys.

Also luckily my draft ain't till 2 weeks from now so that should be ample time to see what happens with training camp but I forgot to include in my previous post that Matthews although I have faith in him IS A ROOKIE and it could either go the Ray Rice route or the Darren Mcfadden route.

Ryan Grant is ranked like no.17 on my list but I like Greene and Matthew's situation more although Grant does have a bonus point for consistency but I feel on my comeback pick he would be a little overvalued.

Everyone in my league about 90% are gonna go with their spot's designated picks and I have the option to go Aaron Rogers or Reggie Wayne (keep in mind our no.6 no doubt is going A.Johnson)but I feel if Rogers goes down(he gets sacked alot)my season would be screwed since I spent such a high pick on a QB on top of that I could have Sjax AND a possible breakout QB at the 7th pick (Top sleeper QB picks are Ryan,Kolb for 1st QB,Palmer for 9th to 10th,Henne and Leinart for 13-14th) ala Brett Farve 2009 and Kurt Warner 2008.

Also I feel spot #8 which I am although A.Johnson is the exception I feel #8 would be 1 spot too early to go WR since I don't feel Reggie Wayne or Randy Moss would be worth it on top of that I feel that I'm in the best sweet spot to go RB for the 1st 3 picks since after I could still land Micheal Crabtree and Hakeem Nicks who if it lets them they have upsides to be breakouts too and I know around 6th I could pick up Jason Witten,Jermicheal Finley or Vernon Davis as a TE.

Also just in case if Crabtree or Nicks don't go well I would still have sleepers like Mike Thomas,Malcolm Floyd and Devin Astromunga(I know I spelled his name wrong you know what I mean lol)

But I guess I will see what will happen in the following 2 weeks although Greene is leading right now.

Edited by Cranosaur

As much as it pains me to type this, I would go with Greene. The Jets love to run it, and I truly believe LT will not vulture too much away from Greene. Mathews is a rookie and therefore an unknown. He also is on a team that throws the ball well. That translates into fewer touches, especially with a veteran back like Sproles in the games on third down.

Flip a coin. Seriously, flip a coin. I have SGreene right ahead of Mathews.

I also would probably go RB/WR or WR/RB, but it sounds like you know your leaguemates pretty well. 3 backs with your first 3 picks though? I guess I could understand it if Charles comes back to you just for the upside alone, but I would probably be looking WR.