[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer question

whomper

At work we use microsoft outlook for email. For the past few days it is not acknowledging my contacts when I go to put an email address in. I never really check my address book but this is what is happening

normally when I go to type in an email address as soon as I hit the first letter, all people whose email addresses start with that letter pop up. It obviously makes life easier since I dont have to type in and remember all these email addresses. Now it isnt doing that and it seems to be wiping it out every day. Yesterday it happened and when I started replying to emails it started storing the people that i replied to. Today those people arent automatically popping up when I go to email them.

Please help

Try this:

1. Go under the "Tools" menu in Outlook

2. Choose "Options"

3. Under the "Preferences" tab, choose "Email Options"

4. Click the box labeled "Advanced Email Options"

5. Under the "When sending a message" section, make sure the "Suggest Names when completeing to, cc, bcc" " box is checked

6. Click "OK"

restart Outlook.

Try this:

1. Go under the "Tools" menu in Outlook

2. Choose "Options"

3. Under the "Preferences" tab, choose "Email Options"

4. Click the box labeled "Advanced Email Options"

5. Under the "When sending a message" section, make sure the "Suggest Names when completeing to, cc, bcc" " box is checked

6. Click "OK"

restart Outlook.

Thanks. I just did this and that box was clicked

Try this:

Suggest name feature in Outlook is not working

Q. When I start my computer it does not remember or guess the e-mail addresses of people I send e-mails to often. I already turned on the suggest e-mail address under the advanced e-mail tab. It only remembers and guesses at e-mail addresses I send during the day, then forgets when I log off. Is there a way to have this feature on all the time?

A. This is a feature of Outlook 2002 and 2003 called "Suggest Name" and can make life a lot simpler when sending messages to the same recipient over and over.

Outlook 2002 and 2003 store this information in a cache file located in the C:\Documents and Settings\ username \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. When the Suggest Name feature is not working properly, it can indicate that there is a problem with the cache file.

To resolve this issue close Outlook and go to the folder and delete any files with the extension NK2. When you restart Outlook it will rebuild this cache file. Now Outlook will use the e-mail addresses you add from this point forward to the cache and suggest them when sending e-mail.

I have been having issues this week where all of a sudden my curser would just dissapear. I would have to shut down and start again . I thought it might have been my mouse and when I went to unplug it I unplugged another thing by accident. I plugged that thing back in but it seems my problem started after I unplugged that thing

I unplugged both of these black wires. one was the mouse and I have a feeling the other is why I am in this mess. any ideas ?

I have been having issues this week where all of a sudden my curser would just dissapear. I would have to shut down and start again . I thought it might have been my mouse and when I went to unplug it I unplugged another thing by accident. I plugged that thing back in but it seems my problem started after I unplugged that thing

I unplugged both of these black wires. one was the mouse and I have a feeling the other is why I am in this mess. any ideas ?

If the "other" thing was a printer or scanner or other USB device, it shouldn't cause that.

Try this:

Suggest name feature in Outlook is not working

Q. When I start my computer it does not remember or guess the e-mail addresses of people I send e-mails to often. I already turned on the suggest e-mail address under the advanced e-mail tab. It only remembers and guesses at e-mail addresses I send during the day, then forgets when I log off. Is there a way to have this feature on all the time?

A. This is a feature of Outlook 2002 and 2003 called "Suggest Name" and can make life a lot simpler when sending messages to the same recipient over and over.

Outlook 2002 and 2003 store this information in a cache file located in the C:\Documents and Settings\ username \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder. When the Suggest Name feature is not working properly, it can indicate that there is a problem with the cache file.

To resolve this issue close Outlook and go to the folder and delete any files with the extension NK2. When you restart Outlook it will rebuild this cache file. Now Outlook will use the e-mail addresses you add from this point forward to the cache and suggest them when sending e-mail.

Thanks RR. Just did this. lets hope tomorrow it remembers who I typed in today. It just sucks that I lost all my old ones because there are people that I need to contact on occasion that I may not have contacted recently and it may be tough to locate there email addresses

Edited by whomper

Thanks RR. Just did this. lets hope tomorrow it remembers who I typed in today. It just sucks that I lost all my old ones because there are people that I need to contact on occasion that I may not have contacted recently and it may be tough to locate there email addresses

I find this appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8

Manly enough for ya. :wacko: