[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

more union bailouts

dmarc117

I think someone actually sat down and thought about this... "Hmmm.... who is more likely to get out and vote this year, members of the teachers unions or welfare people..."

Then they looked at the stat showing that food stamp recipients are at an all time high and said... "Oh, diaper dirt, we need to get food stamps funded also!!!"

I think someone actually sat down and thought about this... "Hmmm.... who is more likely to get out and vote this year, members of the teachers unions or welfare people..."

Then they looked at the stat showing that food stamp recipients are at an all time high and said... "Oh, diaper dirt, we need to get food stamps funded also!!!"

or they sat down and figured out how they could spend on both without finding a way to pay for either. you fund the one that's politically less popular first, and then later demand emergency funds to keep the poor children from starving.

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., told Fox News it rewarded "irresponsible states" and their unions.

"It is basically taxpayers from fiscally (responsible) states bailing out fiscally irresponsible states. ... Medicaid funding, teacher funding, the more popular of the public unions, what this is, it's a bailout to prevent states from doing the necessary spending prioritization that they need do," he said.

sums it up pretty well. let's keep borrowing more money from our kids and grandkids and keep throwing into the very things that are ruining our federal, state and local fiscal outlooks in the first place. in other words, let's just exacerbate the problem in every way imaginable.

Complete bullcrap.

States need to look at their own houses and make tough cuts. Guess what? Teachers and cops should be nowhere NEAR the first to be cut . . but of course they ARE so they can create public panic over cutting essential services and ask for a handout.

Plus Illinois has a ridiculously low 3% income tax . . . which should be raised to at least 5% to starting paying for the massive budget deficit along with HUGE budget cuts. But of course it will never happen The right wont support a tax increase and the left wont support service cuts when BOTH HAVE TO BE DONE . . . .:wacko:

And the fact that unions in Illinois are still getting raises is pure lunacy . . .

Why is it so f'ing hard for governments to understand that they cannot spend more money than they take in?

Wait, let me rephrase that.

Why is it so f'ing hard for people to understand that they cannot let their governments spend more money than they take in?

Why is it so f'ing hard for governments to understand that they cannot spend more money than they take in?

Wait, let me rephrase that.

Why is it so f'ing hard for people to understand that they cannot let their governments spend more money than they take in?

because many people do the exact same thing.

Everyone can adjust to modern society except teachers and school systems. It's a wonder teachers don't still ride a horse and buggy to school the 7 months of the year they work.

Oh Tim C-yer so smart. You must have gone to school. :wacko:

Borge:

As the great sage "Yuke" has told me time and time again "Let it lay!". You will only get frustration dealing w/ people of this ilk. Their mind(s) is/are closed and even us "well educated ex-teachers" couldn't sway their closed/opinionated minds. They have an agenda and facts mean nothing.

Peace my friend!

rr26